As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ventilation for Cars & light vans

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ventilation for Cars & light vans

So, for a long overnight sleep, with multiple occupants in the vehicle, how do you ventilate the vehicle ?

- leave a window open a half centimetre ?
    - install a hole in the body of the vehicle ?
    - use the natural wind current or pump it with an AC fan ?

thoughts please
    Last edited by RomaDenizen; 23-09-2012, 01:23.

I fitted a roof vent in my Kangoo van and kept the front windows open about 1cm. I also had a small solar-powered extractor fan designed for boats - but obviously it only worked in daylight!

Comment

twin1

keep warm and sort it out in the morning!

Comment

This question raises another.
        Many people on here use vehicles which are not professionally adapted for purpose.
        Elsewhere on the Forum is a thread about the usage of gas appliances and ventilation which might be pertinent here.
        If your vehicle is fitted with a gas hob or other gas appliances then the ventilation required to safely operate those items make this query about ventilation rather pointless. As the permanent ventilation will be adequate.
        Please take care if converting a vehicle for living and sleeping in that adequate ventilation is fitted to safely use gas appliances.
        If in any doubt about safe requirements, very specific rules exist in the Boat Safety Certificate regulations and which will be just as valid for vehicles with gas appliances.
        Jim.
        Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by RomaDenizen View Post
          So, for a long overnight sleep, with multiple occupants in the vehicle, how do you ventilate the vehicle ?

- leave a window open a half centimetre ?
          - install a hole in the body of the vehicle ?
          - use the natural wind current or pump it with an AC fan ?

thoughts please
          A purpose made roof vent such as MPK roof ventilators allows air movement even when closed look here
          http://www.leisureshopdirect.com/car...ooflights.aspx

if converting yourself why not have a look here
          http://sbmcc.co.uk/forum/index.php?act=idx

or buy this book

Build Your Own Motorcaravan by John Wickersham you can buy this book from Amazon for £13.99 quote this forum if buying

Alf

Comment

I used the Fiamma 280 version as I preferred the taller upstands for improved ventilation during wet weather. It was very easy to fit too, although nerve-wracking when making the very first cut from which point there was no turning back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQHDGNnknYQ

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X