As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our Kangoo

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Kangoo

Just a few pics to start with [will add more and explain bits and pieces later]Any questions please ask, i'll get back to you when i can [please see "hello".]
    Attached Files

It looks like a good conversion

Comment

Love the way these conversions just look normal then - hey presto a bed appears from nowhere!

Comment

I could just curl up in that bed now, it looks so cosy brillant job, it is a cool conversion, I love the curtains, and how much space to stuff you have created it great...enjoy your camping
        A dog is for life, for loving and forever, and x3 is even better :)

Comment

Wow!!! Nice camper!!! Enjoy it!!

Comment

Neat........very neat

Dabs

Comment

I bet you feel really chuffed
              Jessie

Comment

B/van...I hope you dont mind me pointing this out, I noticed one in your pics.

Eric.

Suitcase Cookers Safety Alert

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have repeated this post as it is a safety issue

If you do not have a fitted cooker you are just as likely using one of these.

I use one and find it to be very good, it burns more cleanly than any other camping cooker I have had, in fact it is better than the very expensive Smev that was fitted in the Romahome. A farmer on TV said that sheep are always thinking of new ways to die, I sometimes think this also applies to some people. There is a safety alert on these stoves, it seems that people use them with the pan support upside down. This causes the cylinder to overheat and explode.

Comment

Excellent - a very functional, practical and creative use of limited space. I'm very impressed.

Could I ask a few questions, please:

Do the boxes lift-out when you're not camping?

Also... how did you get on with insuring this? Do you insure it as a car or a motorhome? I enquired about doing something similar but insurers wouldn't touch it unless it was reclassified as a motorhome but in taking this route I couldn't then get business use insurance which I need (and which continues to be a stumbling block).

Karen W (owner of a partially-adapted Kangoo van and Kangoo Roo camper!)
                  Last edited by karenw; 28-05-2010, 01:14.

Comment

Originally posted by erix2 View Post
                    B/van...I hope you dont mind me pointing this out, I noticed one in your pics.

Eric.

Suitcase Cookers Safety Alert

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have repeated this post as it is a safety issue

If you do not have a fitted cooker you are just as likely using one of these.

I use one and find it to be very good, it burns more cleanly than any other camping cooker I have had, in fact it is better than the very expensive Smev that was fitted in the Romahome. A farmer on TV said that sheep are always thinking of new ways to die, I sometimes think this also applies to some people. There is a safety alert on these stoves, it seems that people use them with the pan support upside down. This causes the cylinder to overheat and explode.
                    Hi, thanks for post, Our cooker is a ' HI GEAR ' and it has a safety mec., to prevent the cooker being lit when the when the pan support is upsidedown...D

Comment

Originally posted by karenw View Post
                      Excellent - a very functional, practical and creative use of limited space. I'm very impressed.

Could I ask a few questions, please:

Do the boxes lift-out when you're not camping?

Also... how did you get on with insuring this? Do you insure it as a car or a motorhome? I enquired about doing something similar but insurers wouldn't touch it unless it was reclassified as a motorhome but in taking this route I couldn't then get business use insurance which I need (and which continues to be a stumbling block).

Karen W (owner of a partially-adapted Kangoo van and Kangoo Roo camper!)
                      Hi karen W , Just got back from a 3 week hol in the wonderful Isle of Man. We had loads of people admire our little van [including the Ramsey camping Warden]as it was nestled in amongst the Winibagos,kontiki's etc.. In answer to your questions,the 'boxes' don't lift out as they are part of the structure of the galley,[so make a perfect hiding place for your shopping.] And shes insured as a motorhome and as its for pleasure only i cant help with the business part. Hope this answers your questions...D P.S. Two Kangoos thats just greedy........He..He.

Comment

Originally posted by buildavan View Post
                        Hi karen W , Just got back from a 3 week hol in the wonderful Isle of Man. We had loads of people admire our little van [including the Ramsey camping Warden]as it was nestled in amongst the Winibagos,kontiki's etc.. In answer to your questions,the 'boxes' don't lift out as they are part of the structure of the galley,[so make a perfect hiding place for your shopping.] And shes insured as a motorhome and as its for pleasure only i cant help with the business part. Hope this answers your questions...D P.S. Two Kangoos thats just greedy........He..He.
                        I'm not the least bit surprised that people admired your van - it's very well designed and you should be proud of it.

Onlookers seem to fall into two categories - those like myself and most of us here who love the versality and practicality of small motorhomes and those who prefer the multi-roomed Kontikis, Winnebagos and Americal RVs. For me, the latter isn't camping and there's no fun or improvisation. Those in the large motorhomes miss out on so much in my view!!

I'd love to do another conversion/adaptation but my stumbling block is finding an insurer which will insure it for business use to include 'carriage of own goods'. Until then I'm stuck with the expense of running two vehicles. BTW My husband has a Kangoo too and the in-laws have a 4th - they are very good vehicles!!

Keep enjoying your travels and I'll always keep a lookout for your Kangoo on the road. It's probably the best adaptation I've seen.

Karen W

Comment

Curtains!

Originally posted by buildavan View Post
                          heres a few more.
                          Hi, what an excellent conversion! I am adapting a Berlingo and find that a folding camp bed just fits, with a thermarest on top. I am experimenting with those rather luxurious bed chairs that carp fishermen use.

I also use a stove like yours and have just bought the barbeque version. This has a pressure cut out to stop the cylinder going up.

What I would like to ask is your method for installing curtains. Did you consider fly screens or mosquito nets at any point.

For warm nights, I am thinking of keeping the back door up and open and using a mosquito net, supplemented by a "stockade" made from a couple of windbreaks.

Many thanks,

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Powej View Post
                            Hi, what an excellent conversion! I am adapting a Berlingo and find that a folding camp bed just fits, with a thermarest on top. I am experimenting with those rather luxurious bed chairs that carp fishermen use.

I also use a stove like yours and have just bought the barbeque version. This has a pressure cut out to stop the cylinder going up.

What I would like to ask is your method for installing curtains. Did you consider fly screens or mosquito nets at any point.

For warm nights, I am thinking of keeping the back door up and open and using a mosquito net, supplemented by a "stockade" made from a couple of windbreaks.

Many thanks,

Jon
                            Nets against mosquitos sure - but a `stockade!` what are you expecting? - moose?
                            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X