This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foam Beds in Lidl's

Lidl's have foam beds on offer at £19.99. Size 200x65x9 cm. They are a little on the large side for our Berlingo, we are debating modifying them but they are useable as they are. They are very comfortable for us olduns

Last edited by Derek; 27-04-2010, 09:15.
    Derek Our Berlingo camping car

Foam beds in Lidl's again on 9th August

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/l...ndex_12924.htm

Comment

I've got one of those from years ago, very handy! If the quality of the foam is the same, they have halved in price since I bought mine, also having no raised end (a bit like a pillow) would be a bonus as they get in the way. They are extremely comfortable as well, like a memory foam only firmer. They do support you very well.

I modified the seats in my Roma as they were so hard to shift if you needed access to the lockers. So I cut them in two, first the outer with scissors, then the inner foam with a sharp knife. Then I faced the inside edges with matching material (sort of, but you couldn't see it anyway) and sewed velcro on.

With something like these Lidl ones, actually shortening them, you would only need to undo down one side/edge and cut the foam, then alter the cover and sew up again.

So tempting for my van which has really hard, thin foam matresses... I have matress toppers, but these would be better!
      Last edited by jayjay; 05-08-2010, 09:45.

Comment

Foam

I have just bought new foam to replace our old thin foam on the bench seats of our Romahome demountable. It cost £120 for 4 pieces each 3ft long, 21'' x 4" and I'm making covers for them now. The shop said the cost of foam is rising because the price of the chemicals to make it is increasing all the time.

I was a bit shocked that it costs so much , but it seems like good quality foam.

Patricia

Comment

I think they are very good value just for the foam. We paid about £80 for the three foam pads that we were using. They are cushions for garden seats, one two seater and two three seater. They were OK but the Lidl foam beds are much more comfortable.

We are very pleased with them, they fit in the back of the Berlingo with the sleeping bags on top. They would be OK without the sleeping platform, just slide the seats forward and put soft luggage in the rear footwells.
          Last edited by Derek; 06-08-2010, 08:25.

Comment

berlingo conversion

Hi Derek

Just a short message to say thank you and to say that I've done 70% of it already. I'm pleased so far, very few changes though. You know, there is always a difficult screw that doesn't want to go in as smooth as you'd expect! Anyway a good hammer convinced it!

We bought lidl foams, are great and I'm sure we'll cut the inside to better fitted.

Re curtains, we are considering to use a core net instead, but I haven't get there yet. I've done both rectangular(ish) frames w/ legs and top.

Speak soon

Pablo

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X