As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Citroen Berlingo Micro Camper - Build

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citroen Berlingo Micro Camper - Build

A few weeks ago my dads friend got a nice new Berlingo & of course he wanted to get rid of his old one so i decided to buy it off him.
    He gave me a great deal on it as it needed a few things doing to it. I had a new clutch and a service and it was ready to go...

I have very minimal experience in carpentry and generally building things but i love learning so i am hoping it will be a fun project

Here are a few photos of what it looked like when i got it.

Berlingo_01.jpgBerlingo_02.jpg

Good luck with your project and I look forward to following the transformation!

Comment

Originally posted by karenw View Post
      Good luck with your project and I look forward to following the transformation!
      Same from me too! If you're going to go in the summer, the minimum tackle you need is: something to sleep on and in, something to cook with and a pan, something to carry water, something to eat with and off, and a bowl and a bucket!

I kid you not - that's what I started out with, in a tiny hatchback rusty old fiesta, sleeping (sort of) on the back seat!

Comment

im looking forward to the build keep us up dated there a great motor

Comment

Hi Project Berlingo and welcome.
          derek b and Babs

Comment

Have you seen these?
            www.driftwoodconversions.co.uk
            Ideal for a quick cheap conversion

Comment

Or for a little more dosh one of these

http://www.amdro.co.uk/

The beauty of the amdro is that it goes in with no modifications to the vehicle and is easily removable when you dont need it or want to move it to a different vehicle. Bit of an outlay up front but compared to the cost of a coachbuilt motorhome its peanuts
              Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Originally posted by Huff View Post

The beauty of the amdro is that it goes in with no modifications to the vehicle and is easily removable when you dont need it or want to move it to a different vehicle. Bit of an outlay up front but compared to the cost of a coachbuilt motorhome its peanuts
                Cheers everyone for the replies!

The amdro boot jump looks great & it is something that i did look into but as this is not my main vehicle i have the pleasure of leaving it once its converted & will only get used really when i go away in it.
                I managed to get a few more things done. I took out the back seats which was very straight forward i also gave the inside a big clean as it desperately needed it!!!

After cleaning it i used the rubber mat from the back as a template to cut the insulation that i got from b&q and joined the sections together using aluminum tape.
                I am going to use the wooden slats from an Ikea sofa/bed i just won on ebay for £23.00! for the fold out bed.

I mite not be able to do much work on it in the next few days as i am off to Edinburgh to film a new type of heart surgery (I'm a filmmaker)

Here are some photos so far...
                Theo

Berlingo_03.jpgBerlingo_04.jpg

Comment

I reallyt like both products as they both look well made but at different budgets.

Comment

Originally posted by zumo View Post
                    I reallyt like both products as they both look well made but at different budgets.
                    I agree both look good.

Comment

Can I ask what you are going to do about ventilation? This is the thing that often puzzles me when thinking about conversions.

Comment

I never thoiught of that, but I would just use a caravan sky light and possibly put some caravan style vents in the floor

Comment

Originally posted by zumo View Post
                          I never thoiught of that, but I would just use a caravan sky light and possibly put some caravan style vents in the floor
                          Nice idea but cutting the roof for a skylight is a fairly major job with lots of potential for **** up.

Comment

Nice idea but cutting the roof for a skylight is a fairly major job with lots of potential for **** up.
                            I understand, being an engineer and having built and fixed all sorts over the years I just assume wrongly that every one can just do it.
                            A sky light is easy if you have a drill and Jigsaw, but you have to figure out the best place to fit it as its more difficult if you have to remove any strengthening ribs from the roof.
                            You could just open a window slightly
                            Oh measure twice, have a cuppa then measure again then cut once

Comment

i'm not sure about ventilation to be honest. I don't think i would feel confident enough cutting a hole in the roof!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X