As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford Transit Connect

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford Transit Connect

Hello everyone,
    I've been visiting this site for a while as I have been building my camper over the last year or so. I thought I would share what I came up with. Any comments or critiques would be very much appreciated. Regards,

IMG_1042.jpgIMG_1059.jpgIMG_1039.jpgIMG_1037.jpgIMG_1047.jpg
    Last edited by ecore8; 18-03-2013, 23:56.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Glad you've took the plunge and come and said hello. Your van looks really nice you have done a great job.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hello! Love the set up, that looks just right to me, well done!

Comment

Hello and welcome

Looks a very neat set up that, I especially like the kitchen units, you can see the quality in them.

Can I ask how you go on for power? 12v, 240v?

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Cheers
        Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

That's a really nice conversion. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome.

I've had a fun time designing and building this. One of my main design criteria was that I didn't wan't to modify the van in anyway. The units bolt into existing mounting points in the bodywork. There are no water intakes or drains cut through the wall and no auxiliary power. The kitchen holds a 3 gallon fresh water container and the sink is just a bowl that lifts out. No grey water tank to deal with.

It's really nice having everything ready to go at a moments notice.

Comment

Originally posted by ecore8 View Post
              Thanks for the welcome.

I've had a fun time designing and building this. One of my main design criteria was that I didn't wan't to modify the van in anyway. The units bolt into existing mounting points in the bodywork. There are no water intakes or drains cut through the wall and no auxiliary power. The kitchen holds a 3 gallon fresh water container and the sink is just a bowl that lifts out. No grey water tank to deal with.

It's really nice having everything ready to go at a moments notice.
              Nice and simple, good work.

I would quite like to build something like this but as a day van rather than for sleeping in. I need to retain 4 travelling seats but would like the option to create a seating area with a bit of a kitchen in the back for a brew.
              Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Congratulations on a nice looking conversion, and a warm welcome to the forum too.
                All the best
                Andyvan

Comment

That's a lovely, light, bright camper!

Looks to be baltic birch ply and the excellent Dometic Origo Stove.

Comment

That looks like a good, tidy and practical adaptation and you've clearly given some thought to the insurance issues.

Well done and happy camping!

I'm thinking of doing something very similar at the end of the year but will have a discreet EHU with RCD via a small recess beneath a rear door just sufficient to pass a cable through. If you ever need EHU, you could probably run a cable beneath yours.

Comment

Great job well done, noticed the van is a left hand drive do you live abroad or travel in europe a lot?

Comment

Yes, baltic birch ply. I like the look of the cut edge, there are no voids in the inner layers so you can get away without covering it. The alcohol stove works great, it has a soft flame and for some reason seems less scary to me than propane in such close quarters.

Keen observation about the LH drive. I live work and play in New England. I've enjoyed this forum as there isn't much small van conversions going on over here. Giant RVs are more the norm.

I take it insurance is a hassle on your side of the pond? I'm just driving around with some wood boxes in the back of my van as far as my insurance company is concerned.

Comment

That's a very nice van, a simple design well executed I would say, welcome.
                          derek b and Babs

Comment

Shame you live so far away - I was thinking of asking you to build me one!

Comment

Nice!

That's a good looking job you've done there.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X