No announcement yet.

The official "we are back from the rally" thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Mr Woozle! Now why do I keep singing "Oh Mr. Woo, how do you do" I seem to remember it as a song from many years ago.

Jim what an amazing feat (or amazing feet!) for you to be walking so much, well done. Really pleased for you as it will mean more adventures now

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
      Well I am a little late thanking Pauline and Graham. But I have ONLY JUST arrived home!!
      NO,I did not get lost - I just took a trip to the opposite South Coast after the Meet. How about the achievement of WALKING around BOTH the Monkey Life Park AND the Tank Museum in the same day without a break! Both a hike in their own right. For those of you wondering why that is an achievement - ask Pauline or Graham.
      Quite expensive that was too!!!
      Thank you Pauline and Graham for the slice of your lives which go to keeping motorhomers happy ------------ and me and a few others too.
      Jim.

P.S. That monkey world is amazing and has progressed much further than the filming suggests on free view with ten years old films.

Well done on the walking Jim, you'll be coming for a run with me at this rate.

By by the way you aren't the last one home from the meet we are still away in our van, presently on the Isle of Wight.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

You can also shop online at our Accessories Store

Comment

Well I am a little late thanking Pauline and Graham. But I have ONLY JUST arrived home!!
        NO,I did not get lost - I just took a trip to the opposite South Coast after the Meet. How about the achievement of WALKING around BOTH the Monkey Life Park AND the Tank Museum in the same day without a break! Both a hike in their own right. For those of you wondering why that is an achievement - ask Pauline or Graham.
        Thank you Pauline and Graham for the slice of your lives which go to keeping motorhomers happy ------------ and me and a few others too.
        Jim.

P.S. That monkey world is amazing and has progressed much further than the filming suggests on free view with ten years old films.
        Did you get time to actually SEE anything, Jim?
        I've been to both Monkey World and the Tank Museum three times, but I needed to spend the whole day at each one.
        Anyway, I'm glad that you're now safely home, no doubt having a cuppa.

Comment

I have to admit that I could have spent longer at Monkey World Brian. But with the need to return home limited me to one day for that and the tank museum.
          However, with no real interest in tanks I arrived late (after visiting the apes) and I only had time to have a quick (and expensive) walk around. I never realised though how many types (designs) there were, manufactured in so many different countries.
          One thing I did find was that a chap who was a work-colleague years ago was not lying when he told me it took 12 hours to change a sparking plug on the type of British tank (Sherman?) he crewed in the Second World War. I think I owe him an apology though it would be post-humus now.
          Jim.
          Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Pauline. Mr Woo was a George Formby song. I decided to call myself Mr Woozle after I read your first entry into this Forum section when you called me Mr Woozle so you can take the credit/blame for my User Name.

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Woozle View Post
              Pauline. Mr Woo was a George Formby song. I decided to call myself Mr Woozle after I read your first entry into this Forum section when you called me Mr Woozle so you can take the credit/blame for my User Name.

Ron
              Ah yes, I can hear him singing it now, thanks

happy to take the blame or credit

Comment

Jim.

Jim reading your posts I am wondering whether or not to dump my Statins. Before reading your post I had thought I did well on the way home walking about a mile and a half around Salisbury plus around the Cathedral and its grounds etc. Looking forward to next spring. Today we aired the awning cleaned it and packed for next year. When we go away again we'll just use the toilet tent.
                Jon
                Amor omnia vincit et nos cedamus amori

Comment

Originally posted by kernowjon View Post

Jim reading your posts I am wondering whether or not to dump my Statins. Before reading your post I had thought I did well on the way home walking about a mile and a half around Salisbury plus around the Cathedral and its grounds etc.
                  Jon
                  There certainly is a lot of debate around the topic of statins. The question i - can I blame them for all my aches, pains and general lethargy? Or maybe the underactive thyroid meds need upgrading.

You did well, Jim!
                  Carpe diem!

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue View Post

There certainly is a lot of debate around the topic of statins. The question i - can I blame them for all my aches, pains and general lethargy? Or maybe the underactive thyroid meds need upgrading.

You did well, Jim!
                    It is Levothyroxin I dumped Sue. I was on Statins too, but I dumped those months ago after a close friend suffered side effects from his prescription.I have no noticeable after effects either way from that.
                    But dumping the Levothyroxins means I can have an immediate drink of coffee when I arise - while only water was allowed until one hour after taking the statins.
                    If the Levothyroxins were intended to increase my life span, the perpetualback ache was not worth the price.
                    Jim,
                    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

I've added added NomadSue's pictures to our Facebook page, so anyone who hasn't seen them can see them here. https://www.facebook.com/SmallMotorhome/

When I get chance I will do a write up of the rally as a blog page and we also thought we could do the same with some of the recent meets and rallies which aren't now on the new website.
                      Graham
                      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

You can also shop online at our Accessories Store

Comment

Well that must be the longest rally in history! We only got home today (Sunday 1st October). Mind you, we did detour into France and Belgium on the way!
                        It was a lovely ice-breaking rally for Anne and I, and we would very much like to do it again, please! Not a lot of time to play catch-up, as I have to collect our Royale caravan from the menders tomorrow morning, then repack it (as everything was taken out for the body repair) ready to be on the road again Wednesday am to attend the ACCEO AGM rally for even more fun! Life is hard, being retired.
                        We expect to be back home around mid October, as we have places to go after ACCEO, so if anyone fancies a break near Leominster from about the 4th October, we'll be at The Leen, Pembridge. Google will give you the details, if required.
                        Graham & Pauline, much thanks. It was grand!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X