Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter gatherings miles from anywhere (except a pub).

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David stringer View Post
    Hi all we stopped in a car park by the beach at Silecroft last year and were told by a Lake District park warden that wild camping any where in the lake district park is an offence you WILL be fined and moved on,be warned !! regards Buzzndave
    A useful warning to us all. Thanks, David. However I don't think this group will be wild camping.
    Carpe diem!

Comment

Just spoke to the pub to make final confirmation. All set and they are expecting us.

There may be no one about depending on time of arrival so if first there just pull onto the field opposite the pub. The gate should be open and you will know it's the right one by the scar from the recent bonfire.

If anyone has any emergencies, breakdowns, etc on the journey, the pub will pass messages on if called on their landline - 01756 770096.

The weather is supposed to get colder over the weekend then warm up a bit from Monday on. Showers expected Wednesday.

Looking forward to it, see you there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dapple View Post
        Just spoke to the pub to make final confirmation. All set and they are expecting us.

There may be no one about depending on time of arrival so if first there just pull onto the field opposite the pub. The gate should be open and you will know it's the right one by the scar from the recent bonfire.

If anyone has any emergencies, breakdowns, etc on the journey, the pub will pass messages on if called on their landline - 01756 770096.

The weather is supposed to get colder over the weekend then warm up a bit from Monday on. Showers expected Wednesday.

Looking forward to it, see you there.

Have a fabulous time, all of you.
        Carpe diem!

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue View Post

Have a fabulous time, all of you.
          Yes enjoy your meet, I hope the sun shines and it’s not too cold. There’s one thing it’ll be warm in the pub.

Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

You can also help the forum by shopping online at Amazon using this link

Comment

Have a smashing meetup with lots of "interesting" discussions

Comment

Hi folks. I was hoping to nip over to this interesting venue to say a quick hello as I live fairly close by. However, I'm stuck here at home awaiting a parcel delivery which needs to be signed for. I'm having thoughts of phoning the pub with a short message when I know something definite. Meantime, I'm sure that you have picked a fantastic location and hope you will have a great time and I congratulate you all on the way it was organised.
              Kind regards, as ever,
              Tony

Comment

Thanks Tony.

No need to stand on ceremony, just turn up if you can make it.

I will be setting off shortly and stopping at Tan Hill or somewhere round there. I expect to be in Litton around noon tomorrow.

Comment

Last edited by Derekoak; 13-11-2017, 02:07 PM. Reason: Double post

Comment

I am back from visiting my brother and niece in Liverpool, now to pack the camper for Litton we will be at Litton early afternoon.
                    After we leave Litton we go to Appleby to pick up larch from a sawmill I know, for strong battens in the new camper, then back to pack slightly differently for 33 days South to Provence.

Comment

We have all now been to this glorious part of Yorkshire and I am much obliged to Dapple for locating and arranging the venues, and showing me some local beauty spots (but it is all beautiful) using his extensive local knowledge.

Those who shied away from the grass pitch may feel justified when I report that I had to be pushed off the pitch by a gang of hikers plus colleagues, and when I left, Dapple was waiting for the local tractor man to come home for lunch. But for the rain showers the pitch would have been perfect. The site and pub and pub grub were perfect.

We were sorry that several parties who said they might come, didn't, but I for one enjoyed the outing and I think the others did too.

Paul.
                      Seek to make a virtue of necessity.

Comment

I stayed out on Barden Fell for another night. My first frost of the year. Cosy in my sleeping bag but very tough to get out of it. Now in Skipton. Heading back north tomorrow.

It was a pleasure to meet you Paul, and Derek and Ellie too, (wherever they might be by now).

I managed to get out no bother in the end Paul. Put one of those wire meshes under the spinning wheel and reversed out.

Enjoyed seeing the vans too. As different in concept as could be but both top examples of their kind. The Scudo putting most pro conversions to shame with the design and quality and the Doblo being perfectly and intricately adapted to the needs of it's owners.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X