This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rallying in Somerset

We have just returned from a rally in Somerset. We have in fact joined 4 rallies this year and each have been absolutely wonderful and the last one was near Frome. All lovely CLs with no facilities but lots of animals including, alpacas, ducks, donkeys, emus etc and some lakeside pitches. Walks direct from sites and cakes and tea together every afternoon and drinks and natters in the evenings. Only problem is that I may put on too much weight with all the cakes and beer!!

May be off to Derbyshire to the THS soon, depends on weather. The little dimension is really just perfect, better than I thought it would be. Some of the others called it the Little Tardis as it was small compared to some of the others on the rallies.

You are certainly making use of your new van, that's great.

Was it the Caravan and Camping Club rallies? We've never been on them, not sure whether it is our thing really, we like our own company, except when we are meeting up for a small motorhome meet of course.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Graham, I bet you and Pauline are glad to get away from folk on your days off! We are going to do as much camping as we can this summer and will be taking advantage of the club holiday sites for our touring. We can have the best of both worlds with the rallies as you are able to do your own thing or join an interest group if it suits you We like the freedom and the lovely sites they use for rallies.

Comment

Yes, the C&CC THS and rally sites were always good, we used them a lot 40 years ago!!. Songbird and I will be going to a Folk Dance & Song Rally just down the road a bit near Fordingbridge on 16th July.

We have now booked for the IoW Roma Club rally but going in advance on 20th September.

Comment

We have met some other people who attend the Folk Dance and Song Group, it is nice to be able to join like minded people for a friendly get together, might even see you at one if we are in the area of a rally.

Comment

That would be great, we don't get to many rally's at present as Songbird's husband has dementia and it takes a lot of organising to get away.
            Ann

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X