This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New format of the C & C C site book

What do members of the C & C C think of the new "Your place in the country" ? myself I don't like it. It seems as if they can choose the price too suit themselves,but maybe I'm reading it wrong, it was bad enough when they altered the layout of online booking the original method you could see what pitches there were, & you could work your stay round it but now all you get is what they suggest. Does anybody else feel the same or am I just nit picking. I expect one good change is the difference between the price of EHU on grass or HS it's a pity there can't be a different price for low users.
    Thats my moan for the day over.
    Pete

Mine came today, had a quick look.

I'm confused - how do I know which price band each site fits in to? It doesn't seem to say anywhere. The prices look like they have gone up a lot - but I can't compare because of this.

The £1 difference in service pitch charge for hard standing v. grass is presumably to pacify the tenters a bit - but in my experience the tenters use more leccy so is this fair?

Must confess I rarely look at the book anyway as I always look online.

Comment

Forget that - have opened up leaflet and see band is listed on there.

And yes, the prices have gone up by a lot, a couple of quid or more in those I've checked.

As you say - what's this from and to business about - can they change it whenever they like?

They seem to have completely re-vamped the way they charge.

Comment

They have also upped the age concession to 60 or they say return it to 60. Maybe that is what it was at one time. Lots of changes really including a new shoulder season. I think they will have to look at the quality of their facilities if pricing is almost the same as the CC. As you say booking more complex because of pricing and no mention as far as I can see of price per pitch for Forest Holidays. Minimum cancellation period 30 days?
        I think this is going to put the cat among the pigeons. I wonder if you pay more if you don't book. It will be difficult to tell!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Comment

Originally posted by lizzie View Post
          They have also upped the age concession to 60 or they say return it to 60. Maybe that is what it was at one time. Lots of changes really including a new shoulder season. I think they will have to look at the quality of their facilities if pricing is almost the same as the CC. As you say booking more complex because of pricing and no mention as far as I can see of price per pitch for Forest Holidays. Minimum cancellation period 30 days?
          I think this is going to put the cat among the pigeons. I wonder if you pay more if you don't book. It will be difficult to tell!

Thanks for pointing out the change to the age concession....I haven't had my book yet and I'm just in time to cancel my 2013/14 subscription!

Whippety

http://www.whippetywanderings.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Whippetywanderings View Post
            Thanks for pointing out the change to the age concession....I haven't had my book yet and I'm just in time to cancel my 2013/14 subscription! Whippety http://www.whippetywanderings.co.uk
            Before you cancel I think if you are between 55 and 60 and already have age concession they won't take it away.

Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

If you already have age concession you can keep it and if you are 55 before 21july 2014 and have your card stamped at a campsite before that you you can claim concession.
              It is all quite complicated so be careful you do not miss out!
              There appears to be no clarity around reasons for altering the pitch price during a season.

Comment

Sorry graham and I must have posted as one!

Comment

Got ours a few days ago and I've now had chance to take it in.

The variable pricing is pretty objectionable, but I'm OK with just about everything else - though we've already got our Age Concessions to be fair. About time the cancellation policy was tightened up, but perhaps some means of credit for unavoidable circumstances could be considered - sickness, bereavement etc.
                  Geoff

Comment

I received mine yesterday and was distinctly unimpressed.

With pricing now flexible 'to reflect demand' my cynical side can't help feeling that prices at the upper end of the range will be used. The new 'shoulder' season looks like another price increase and I see it's now an additional £1 to have EHU on a hardstanding. Bearing in mind we have an unreliable climate and a lot of rain, grass pitches will often be out of use so this looks to me like a 'wet weather' penalty.

I've only stayed on a site once this year, ie Kingsbury which was solely due to the snow to avoid getting stuck elsewhere, and I had no plans to renew membership. Seeing the new charges has confirmed my decision and, subject to having a vehicle, I'll be wildcamping instead.

I note with some astonishment that the Pevensey/Norman's Bay site is now charging up to £17.80 per night for a pitch with EHU for just one person. This is the site we visited last year where vans and tents were crammed on complying with an invented 6' rather than 6m rule and the wardens deserved the highest accolade for their rudeness. IMO £17.80 is unrealistic for what was more like a crowded gypsy camp and exceeds the overnight rate for a non-club privately-owned site with far better facilities, location, more space and the additional benefit of a pleasant and friendly welcome.

Farewell C&CC.

Comment

I can never understand why prices differ throughout the year. DH tells me it's supply and demand but one isn't getting anything different ......... not even the promise of extra sunshine in the UK

I lost my first book when we joined in July: can't understand the new one, can't be bothered trying to read the very small print in most of it ........ as an aside, at the NEC Event it was notable that the Caravan Club Members' area was way and above larger than the CCC area ........... there are other groups too dedicated to campers, caravaners, why not one for small motor homes

Comment

Thre's a large discussion on another forum about new C&CC prices. It appears they are introducing dynamic pricing like airlines, so can change prices to reflect demand.

Also some changes to age concessions amd cancellations. Think they may loose a lot of custom.

Jules

Comment

If we on the forum had done a name ballot for a new added season on the c and cc club. not one in two thousand would have come up with the name "Shoulder season"..............High low and mid ....then Shoulder just to confuse and try to hide another price rise.We often have a holiday in June and also quite a long holiday in september so we will end up paying a lot more.Its what happens what they gain they will then lose members and in the end the closer the price gets to the caravan club people will go back to them as the facilities are better.We have just had 4 nights at Wolverley c and cc site and loved it but after the rain on tuesday big puddles formed just off the site road and walking off the grass pitch from our romahome we had to avoid these and the other van tyres were tracking quite bad in the grass .Hard standing then becomes another question and again higher the price.Older people often get accused of complaining about changes all the time but most often its because the changes are worse not better and it looks like this .We just wont know how much we will have to pay in advance and that really is quite anoying.......................shoulder season...well really !!!!!!!!!!!!...............Mark

Comment

Originally posted by cordyroy View Post
                            If we on the forum had done a name ballot for a new added season on the c and cc club. not one in two thousand would have come up with the name "Shoulder season"......We just wont know how much we will have to pay in advance and that really is quite anoying.......................shoulder season...well really !!!!!!!!!!!!...............Mark
                            Although I don't like some of the new arrangements either Mark, in fairness I have to pick-up two points.

The cost will be fixed when booked. OK we may find, when we phone or go online, that the rate quoted is different than expected, but there won't be any increases after booking ... or reductions unfortunately!

"Shoulder Season" is the travel industry standard term, and it's in the OED as "a travel period between peak and off-peak seasons". Though I suppose we might have thought that was the existing mid season!

Incidentally, Sue (Artoo02) wonders if the reason for the separate leaflet is that they suspect they may to have to withdraw it!
                            Last edited by Artoo0; 20-10-2013, 10:21.
                            Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by Artoo0 View Post
                              The cost will be fixed when booked. OK we may find, when we phone or go online, that the rate quoted is different than expected, but there won't be any increases after booking ... or reductions unfortunately!
                              I wonder which price members will be charged when they don't book in advance but simply turn up on the day? Hmmmmm.....

I feel their prices have escalated to an uncompetitive level now, especially when compared with non-club sites offering camping and matching facilities at a lower price in addition to larger pitches, more space and more privacy instead of the C&CC 'housing estate' layout and environment.

Comment