This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New C C C charges

I don't know whether anybody has done a dummy run on the new booking system I've tried 3 sites for the low season 3 nights at Chichester in Feb. hardstanding + ehu age concession that worked out dearer than this year, Barley Meadow 7 days Mar. the concession rate was cheaper than this year & Lynton after Easter was also cheaper we don't tend too use many of the other sites & we tend too keep to low & mid season for obvious reasons so if anybody could do a few dummy.
    Pet

I rarely used club sites and have cancelled my membership due to the price increases.

I ran a few scenarios through the system and prices had increased by 35-55%.

I'm planning a Scotland trip next year so compared the Scottish sites I'd use for showers with some non-club commercial sites (eg Gairloch £7, Durness £6.50 and near Loch Ness £7) and found them all to be cheaper than the C&CC and with no membership fee to pay either. IMO the 'friendly'(!) club has priced itself out of the market and judging by the feedback on its Facebook page, others have made the same observations and cancelled their membership. I have no sympathy with the C&CC if this causes it to fold but I do have concerns for the C&CC Certified Sites, ie small farms often running their CS as a sideline. If C&CC lose members then it could have a secondary impact on the CS operators who stand to lose out through no fault of their own.

Comment

It might shake up the whole industry. The small site we went on a few weeks ago had 1 toilet/shower, very few directions about where to leave rubbish etc. all the woman who met us was worried about was her blasted gate and why people didn't shut it: how would I know on a first visit ......... I think perhaps the whole system needs reviewing and bringing up to date.

Comment

I couldn't really be bothered to compare all our trips this year, but Sue did a comparison on our October two night stay at Delamere with EHU, hardstanding and Age Concession x 2. On the "from" rate, plus the hardstanding supplement, it will be a grand total of 30 pence cheaper next year apparently!

I'd guess that our September trip to Northumberland would have increased significantly though, as it would fall in the new Shoulder season, so we'd need to go nine days later. Didn't use H/S there though!

If you rarely use them anyway, then I agree there's not much point in paying the membership fee, but we rarely use anything else. We may look to make more use of CSs this year though. And maybe try a THS if there's one suitable, location and timewise.
        Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by karenw View Post
          I rarely used club sites and have cancelled my membership due to the price increases.
          I'm thinking of doing the same, Karen. I don't want to leave the C&CC, but feel that the price increases have made it more viable for me to go elsewhere. As I only use the C&CC sites maybe once or twice a year, paying the membership fee and paying the increased prices as well makes it very expensive compared to some of the other sites I use.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
            I'm thinking of doing the same, Karen. I don't want to leave the C&CC, but feel that the price increases have made it more viable for me to go elsewhere. As I only use the C&CC sites maybe once or twice a year, paying the membership fee and paying the increased prices as well makes it very expensive compared to some of the other sites I use.
            I'm planning a trip to Norfolk next month so, out of curiosity, have been perusing campsites throughout Norfolk. I have no intention of using any but always jot a few down just incase there are any emergencies while away eg van breakdown, illness. The C&CC sites appear to be closed or not accepting bookings and, as suspected, their prices are higher. Commercial sites are offering out-of-season pitches from just £4.50 and reading the small print some sites seem to offer additional facilities to C&CC eg fridge, freezer, microwave (handy for heatpads!). It certainly makes one question the value of any club membership....

Comment

Machrihanish C&CC site, no on-line booking, so call the owners.
              from £13.00 to £17.00 Family + unit, I'm assuming that doesn't include the EHU service charge, which is another almost £4 per night. But two adults here, and also have to take into account the 25% reduction for age related discount.....
              No charges for dogs or awnings. Can't work it out, haven't got the time right now.

Whereas:

Private site on same coastline, right on the beach, and easier to get to.
              * caravan/tent/motorhome + ehu + 2 adults - £16 per night, £18 for a family. No charges for dogs or awnings.

So that will be £16 a night then. Easy to work out. And that is £8 per person, inc. EHU.

Which one would I choose? The private site. It states clearly what the price is and what for. I don't have to faff about phoning the site, I know exactly what I'm going to pay, and I get a free nights stay if I book for seven days, which makes it considerably cheaper overall.

Comment

I joined the CC&C for the first time at the NEC motorhome show because a lot of people were saying it was the best club to join. It was not until a couple of days later that people started to complain about the new format and increased prices. Having looked at the book and tried a few dummy bookings on the web I am disappointed at how expensive sites are even out of season and how difficult it is get clear pricing. I doubt if I will stay at many CC&C sites if any next year and in retrospect I wish I had not joined but having paid my money there is not a lot I can do until next October.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorova View Post
                  I joined the CC&C for the first time at the NEC motorhome show because a lot of people were saying it was the best club to join. It was not until a couple of days later that people started to complain about the new format and increased prices. Having looked at the book and tried a few dummy bookings on the web I am disappointed at how expensive sites are even out of season and how difficult it is get clear pricing. I doubt if I will stay at many CC&C sites if any next year and in retrospect I wish I had not joined but having paid my money there is not a lot I can do until next October.
                  I do (or I did!) believe that it's the best of the two, if you're comparing with the CC. It's worth joining if you are only going to stay on one site next year, as the fees for staying at a site as a non-member are more or less doubled, so it costs less to join, than to pay the extra fees. Go to two sites, and you have saved a fair bit of cash, over paying to stay as a non-member. Well, that used to be the case, I'm not sure any more.

Comment

I have another problem with the online bookig.

I want to stay at Keswick for the last week in July. The only pitch type available for us with our Romahome is a serviced hard standing but if I had a caravan I could have a grass non serviced pitch. I wouldnt mind being on grass and more to the point I don not need or want electricity.

Peter

Comment

I too am disappointed with the price increases however the club were by far and away the cheapest at insuring our Pennine folding camper (even with the membership fee taken in to account) so unless we can turn up a better deal privately i expect we will probably join again, even if we dont use the sites very much.
                      Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Originally posted by peterholden View Post

I want to stay at Keswick for the last week in July. The only pitch type available for us with our Romahome is a serviced hard standing but if I had a caravan I could have a grass non serviced pitch. I wouldnt mind being on grass and more to the point I don not need or want electricity.

Peter
                        Have you called the camp site to check this is the case?

Comment

New c&cc charges

Originally posted by Artoo0 View Post
                          I couldn't really be bothered to compare all our trips this year, but Sue did a comparison on our October two night stay at Delamere with EHU, hardstanding and Age Concession x 2. On the "from" rate, plus the hardstanding supplement, it will be a grand total of 30 pence cheaper next year apparently!

I'd guess that our September trip to Northumberland would have increased significantly though, as it would fall in the new Shoulder season, so we'd need to go nine days later. Didn't use H/S there though!

If you rarely use them anyway, then I agree there's not much point in paying the membership fee, but we rarely use anything else. We may look to make more use of CSs this year though. And maybe try a THS if there's one suitable, location and timewise.
                          There is a ths at Beal running from August into September. Great for going over to Holy Island. Used it a couple of times. Has wter point and somewhere to empty toilet but that's it. Huge field. Pam

Comment

Originally posted by peterholden View Post

Peter
                            By "wouldn't mind ...", does that imply you expressed a preference for a hardstanding in your original booking? That could be an explanation. I could understand a wish to keep motorhomes on HS in winter in case they were huge grass-chewers, but not in July - even in Keswick!

I'd certainly ring the site direct though, the people at the call-centre will only have the same information on their screens as you got online. We had the opposite problem booking for Dunstan Hill in the summer. We wanted 4 nights EHU and online said it wasn't available, but a human being at the site spotted two pitches available for two nights each. Quick shuffle of pitches and job done!

Computers don't think like that.
                            Geoff

Comment

In my experience, a car and caravan will chew up the grass on a soft pitch more than a motorhome - 6 wheels chewing instead of 4!!

Saw it happen two weeks ago.

Comment

widgetinstance 226 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X