This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the C&CC getting worried?

I wonder if they have seen a drop in membership since the price rises. They have posted this on their facebook page.

Your club wants to say.
    Thank you to you our loyal member.
    Whether you have been a member for only a few months or for decades, we want to thank you all.
    You are the member who comes to Club Sites rain or shine, gives a friendly wave to everyone you meet on the way to your pitch, puts on the kettle and knows that, whatever the weather, this break counts! It won’t matter to you if the sun shines brightly or the rain comes down – it’s all about camping with your Club.
    Every time you stay on your Club Sites, you’re giving something back, not only for yourself and your future visits, but also your fellow Club member. We are a not-for-profit organisation and that means that every penny you spend with us is reinvested into your Club and into the development of Club Sites old and new.
    Without your passion and commitment, The Camping and Caravanning Club could not be the leader in its field and provide the best opportunities for you to enjoy the great outdoors.
    Thank you for your support – we’re really looking forward to welcoming you on site again soon!
    Whether you have been a member for only a few months or for decades, we want to thank you all.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

The same message is printed in this months issue of the magazine.

I have to say, although my second spell of membership with the club has been more positive than the first, they still haven't greatly impressed me. The price rises don't do anything to change my mind either.
    Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

member ship

we sore they putting members fees up as well

Comment

That was exactly my thought when I saw the page in the magazine devoted to thanking me.

Comment

I thought the thank you was for MEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Comment

Originally posted by diggdeep View Post
            we sore they putting members fees up as well
            Ah but pensioners do get a discount after 25 years CONTINUOUS membership! Think I would expect free live membership after 25 years!!
            Mary

Comment

I've been iffing and butting whether to cancel my membership or not, as even in a good year, I have only used the sites/THS's for a couple of weeks. However I have deliberated too long and the membership went through anyway. I doubt I will use their sites more than once this year though. Might be worth keeping on for the THS sites, and the over 55s discount, I thought.

Although when I went to book a private site not long ago, it was cheaper than the club site, even with the discounts.

Comment

No, the Thank You was definitely for me, Flo, 'cos it was in MY magazine.

I like the Veteran Membership - although I agree Mary it should be free! I'll get mine when I'm 65 as I'll have 26 years by then.

My renewal is in May. Between renewal last year and when I renew this year I will have used Club sites for at least 4 weekends, a long weekend at a CS and a long weekend at a THS. Compared to commercial sites I reckon I will have saved at least 1.5 times my membership costs.

On the other hand, since joining the Caravan Club nearly 18 months ago I've used a Club site for 2 nights and had one night at a CL.

Think I may ditch that one at renewal in September.

Comment