As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Floradora - you're not the only gorgeous Scottie in the camper van game!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Floradora - you're not the only gorgeous Scottie in the camper van game!

Bonnie, a long time client, was whisked away to Norfolk with us this weekend where she gave the Murv a big paws up!
    DSC00366.jpgDSC00365.jpg

Hope you all had an inspired weekend in the sun! The dogs and I made the most of ours and stayed at Fakenham Racetrack CC - a real bargain at £9.60 (one adult) and a very atmospheric place to wake up in the morning. There are thousands of rooks, however, that roost in the trees behind the hardstandings, and the racket they make is quite spectacular, especially at 5 am! The best pitches are on the grass along the rail looking out over the course - but they were too soggy.
    The new van was brill - and what a pleasure to have that big sliding door open to the view on a sunny day. I spent Sunday on Brancaster Staithe harbour where the hounds and I joined the coast path for a beautiful walk. Great place to park up during the day and one of the only free waterside places left to do so around the N Norfolk coast. Don't tell anyone or it may get overrun!
    Jacsprat
    Last edited by jacsprat; 11-03-2014, 18:12.

Originally posted by jacsprat View Post
    Bonnie, a long time client, was whisked away to Norfolk with us this weekend where she gave the Murv a big paws up!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]6090[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6091[/ATTACH]

Jacsprat
    Woof Woof Bonnie - FloraDora here! (I've borrowed mum's computer thingy while she is in the shower - ug, all that soap and water, how silly!)

Looks like you had a doggone perfect trip in the Murv with Jac and Murphy. Paws for thought, my mum and dad are a bit tardy about getting on the road this year, they sit indoors saying 'Oh look, the sun is shining' but no major activity so far. They tell me Kingsbury is to be our first trip this year, so looking forward to sniffing you all then. I am off on holiday on the farm next week while they do unnatural things in cafes and museums in Italy - boring!!! Would much rather roll in fox dung and eat rabbit droppings

Floradora.jpg

Wags, sniffs and great big licks
    FloraDora xxxxxxx
    Last edited by Vanderella; 11-03-2014, 11:01.
    Mary

Comment

Would much rather roll in fox dung and eat rabbit droppings

Floradora.jpg

Wags, sniffs and great big licks
      FloraDora xxxxxxx[/QUOTE]

Oh Flora!! naughty doggie

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6090[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6091[/ATTACH]

Hope you all had an inspired weekend in the sun! The dogs and I made the most of ours and stayed at Fakenham Racetrack CC - a real bargain at £9.60 (one adult) and a very atmospheric place to wake up in the morning. There are thousands of rooks, however, that roost in the trees behind the hardstandings, and the racket they make is quite spectacular, especially at 5 am! The best pitches are grass, along the rail looking out over the course but they were too soggy.
        The new van was brill - and what an amazing pleasure to have that big sliding door open to the view on a sunny day. I spent the day on Brancaster Staithe harbour where the hounds and I joined the coast path for a beautiful walk. Great place to park up during the day and one of the only free waterside places left to do so around the N Norfolk coast. Don't tell anyone or it may get overrun!
        Jacsprat
        Delighted to hear you are so pleased with your new van! You're certainly making the most of it already, good for you

Comment

We joined the National Trust, partly to be able to park along the Norfolk Coast as we usually want to drop in and out without walking too far but to look at the water/birds/mud etc.. :roll eyes:

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Insect View Post
            We joined the National Trust, partly to be able to park along the Norfolk Coast as we usually want to drop in and out without walking too far but to look at the water/birds/mud etc.. :roll eyes:

Thanks for sharing!
            Yep - the National Trust have just emptied our bank account with their annual Direct Debit - not cheap parking is it!
            Mary

Comment

FloraDora's hairdo is the bee's knees! Bonnie is due for a cut and curl at , wait for it....Harrods!!!The owners like to shop for her dinner - organic lamb cutlets, filet steak etc. - while Bonnie gets the works in the grooming salon. I have to say, Murph and I were VERY envious of Bonnie's meals while she stayed with us. While I dilly-dallied with my mac n cheese, and Murph grudgingly swallowed her Burns, Bonnie inhaled her raw filet steak with mange tout and organic brown rice with seeming indifference. Murph thought it was vulgar and ostentatious conspicuous consumption. I agreed.
              Jac

Comment

That's quite an old photo of FD but a favourite, I like it that her large paws show in the picture! We have actually fallen out with our third groomer now, had to endure fines, lectures, and tongue-lashing (human not canine), all because we do not brush madam's paws enough and pay £35 very 6 weeks for her grooming. I dare say Harrods is a lot more expensive, but that's the north/south divide for you. Found a nice little saloon in Stoke on Trent that do the works for £24 so will give them a go.

Your suggestion of Reindeer Horn is working, but only if I sit and hold it!!!!!! Just call me Holder of the Reindeer Horn in future, probably some strange masonic sect

Just as well FD did not see the raw filet steak with mange tout and organic brown rice, there would be no end to her worrying - in fact she would probably be on hunger strike by now (well probably not, she can't walk past a congealed lump of chewing gum without giving it a sly taste!)
                Mary

Comment

FloraDora's hairdo is the bee's knees! Bonnie is due for a cut and curl at , wait for it....Harrods!!!The owners like to shop for her dinner - organic lamb cutlets, filet steak etc. - while Bonnie gets the works in the grooming salon. I have to say, Murph and I were VERY envious of Bonnie's meals while she stayed with us. While I dilly-dallied with my mac n cheese, and Murph grudgingly swallowed her Burns, Bonnie inhaled her raw filet steak with mange tout and organic brown rice with seeming indifference. Murph thought it was vulgar and ostentatious conspicuous consumption. I agreed.
                  Jac
                  Perhaps you could have convinced Bonnie that the Mac n Cheese and the Burns were local delicacies, then you and Murph could have slummed it on the steak, mange tout and organic brown rice

Good to see how much you are enjoying the Murvi, Meadow, Jenna, and no doubt Flora Dora are looking forward to visiting for a hoovering session, just in case Bonnie dropped anything

Comment

Originally posted by VonUK View Post
                    Perhaps you could have convinced Bonnie that the Mac n Cheese and the Burns were local delicacies, then you and Murph could have slummed it on the steak, mange tout and organic brown rice

Good to see how much you are enjoying the Murvi, Meadow, Jenna, and no doubt Flora Dora are looking forward to visiting for a hoovering session, just in case Bonnie dropped anything
                    Ha! Any dropped filet steak will have turned to beef jerky by the time Kingsbury rolls around. We'll be sure to prepare some fresh steak tartare when you all honour us with a visit.
                    Been out in the Jazz lately??
                    Jac

Comment

Fines from a dog groomer?

How come fines can be imposed? Is there not a mobile groomer who could visit at home? Or a Scottie breeder in your area who would do the trick for her? Our Vet surgery does grooming as does the local kennels.
                      I have sad memories of taking my Girl to a groomers ……. a real guilt trip for me

Does FloraDora get hand stripped? It is hard work, toe hair can be clipped with scissors - if one can keep the dog still enough for long enough

Comment

Ha! Any dropped filet steak will have turned to beef jerky by the time Kingsbury rolls around. We'll be sure to prepare some fresh steak tartare when you all honour us with a visit.
                        Been out in the Jazz lately??
                        Jac
                        I'm sure beef jerky will be equally acceptable to our little canine friends!

Have we been out in the Jazz? Yes, a quick shopping trip to Stockport today, that wonderful side door is great for loading shopping through, but I'd FAR rather be admiring a beautiful view from a nice camping spot through it, roll on Kingsbury

Both dogs are going to be mown this week ready for the meet. Jenna's 'appointment' is tomorrow, so I wasn't too worried about her diving into the muddy ditch alongside the trail today, however I did not anticipate her FloraDora inspired roll in a particularly cow dunged area of field She has now been bathed, and clippers are at the ready for the morning, she is looking doleful, as well she might!

Comment

Originally posted by Insect View Post
                          How come fines can be imposed? Is there not a mobile groomer who could visit at home? Or a Scottie breeder in your area who would do the trick for her? Our Vet surgery does grooming as does the local kennels.
                          I have sad memories of taking my Girl to a groomers ……. a real guilt trip for me

Does FloraDora get hand stripped? It is hard work, toe hair can be clipped with scissors - if one can keep the dog still enough for long enough

Oh, I had forgotten the mobile groomer - that was not too successful either! The problem is really just the cost, the frequency most groomers require you to attend, and their expectations of one's grooming skills in between appointments.
                          Mary

Comment

We had dinner at the pub tonight, there was a dog groomers van in the car park, we spent the whole evening trying to work out which one was the dog groomer!
                            derek b and Babs

Comment

Monty avoids the need for a dog groomer by continually shedding copious amounts of hair all over the house/car/planetingeneral
                              Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X