This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I too grumpy?

Just got back from a weekend in Sandringham C and CC. Could'nt believe how many people just walked through our pitch to get to the block! I can understand kids but not adults, about 2 feet from our window, some staring in on the way through. Is it me, am I too grumpy? Felt like following them and walking round their van/tent/caravan. But then thats not cricket.

Tony Anchorman

You certainly are not grumpy. I cannot abidde this habit.

Sometimes I find myself walkimg a bit near to a unit due to its position, maybe near to the tap or the like but am very careful not to peer in. I absolutely hate it when it happens to me. I always give units an imaginery fence and stay out of it but loads of people do just what you describe.

Comment

I know exactly what you mean Tony and no its not just you, it is one of our pet hates, I think people should respect your pitch as your space and not trespass and certainly not peer in as they walk inches from your window.

Downright bad manners.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

I agree, it's just not on to go too close to other units. At Devizes C & CC site each row had a hedge covering a wire fence so people could only walk along the gravel roads not between pitches and not all roads were through ways. I thought it was a good layout. Ann

Comment

It' just a lack of manners, which seems prevelent in todays society. I live in a busy town, the pavements are as crowded as the roads, and yet people will walk towards you, two abreast, and expect you to walk out into the road to get past them. If I am with my wife I always step into single file behind her to allow others to pass. We are losing the good manners we were famous for!!
          Alan

Comment

Yes it certainly is bad manners! I'd be grumpy too.

Would it be worth carrying a wind break as an obsticle/gate for stopping this behaviour?

Was the site really crowded and were you pitched on an informal pathway? Even if so, there really is no need to walk past like that, it's just laziness.

Comment

I recall that Gibbons mentioned in his "Rise And Fall.." that one of the early signs of social collapse was a failure of social grace.

I am in two minds about this problem, I cant stand public rudeness in any form, but I dont like insularity. I dislike the "Berlin wall" mentality of windbreaks, I like friendly neighbours, and I object to sites that dont like kids, I was one once and I still like the sound of happy kids. I also like pets, I dont like their crap where I walk or sit. I enjoy companionship, I dont mind if you walk past and look in my window, come and have a natter or a cuppa or glass. we might become friends. The C&C.C calls itself the friendly club, not with some of the attitudes I have met it isnt, and the C.C can be jolly anti social, "we sit inside our van and you sit in yours!" but others are OK.
              I guess to some degree its about parenting, good parents produce nice kids,cats,dogs,etc.
              What is it they say in the computing world - GIGO - garbage in,garbage out.
              It applies to societies as well. Read Malthus, but dont get defensive.
              Ian
              Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                It' just a lack of manners, which seems prevelent in todays society. I live in a busy town, the pavements are as crowded as the roads, and yet people will walk towards you, two abreast, and expect you to walk out into the road to get past them. If I am with my wife I always step into single file behind her to allow others to pass. We are losing the good manners we were famous for!!
                Aah yes,
                I imagine those people who walk straight at you on the pavement are the same people who drive straight at you past cars parked on their side of the road because they reached them half a second before you.
                Bad Manners and "Self First" can be DANGEROUS, as well as annoying.
                And don't forget Yob and son of Yob!

Jim
                Last edited by Twolitre; 27-07-2010, 17:14.
                Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

I really agreed with this having not stayeed on many commercial sites. However stayed on one site nearish to the New Forest where the layout of the site was such that in order to reach the loo block, washing up, all facilities meant a considerable hike if you walked down the set roads/paths when in reality the block was only 20/30 yrds away. If you were humping washing up etc or desparate for the loo etc.

Of course people did not stick to the laid out paths because it was not practical.

So would say that site owners should have a sensible path structure to allow privacy.

Have to add on the Camping and caravan sites been onto sensible provision is made and no excuse.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X