This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conkers - video review

I have uploaded a video review of the Camping and Caravanning Club site called Conkers near Ashby de la Zouch.

You can view it HERE
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Thanks for the review - I've been thinking of using this site when next visiting a customer in Tamworth (probably around the weekend of August 21st/22nd). Unfortunately this is probably the wrong time of year to leave it to the last minute - it looks busy, no surprise really.

Liked the bit where the bubbles drifted past the camera
    Neil

Comment

It does get very busy so best booked early for weekends and school holidays. I didn't notice the bubbles when I was filming, it wasn't until I put the video on youtube I saw it.

Also forgot to mention on the video a fish and chip van is on site Friday night.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by 1_man_and_his_dob(lo) View Post
        Thanks for the review - I've been thinking of using this site when next visiting a customer in Tamworth (probably around the weekend of August 21st/22nd). Unfortunately this is probably the wrong time of year to leave it to the last minute - it looks busy, no surprise really.

Liked the bit where the bubbles drifted past the camera
        I'm going to a Fest near there and tried to book. No such luck, fully booked. I phoned, they only had two of the most expensive pitches left.... then my Sis said she was coming and she doesn't have C&CC membership so we're all on the fest site, complete with portaloos for the weekend, uck!

Only upside is that we are on the Fest site, not a walk away, and it's only £10 for three nights camping!

I shall book early next year for definate!

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
          Also forgot to mention on the video a fish and chip van is on site Friday night.
          Must be a regular C&CC bonus - when I stayed at the site near Hereford they had the Friday evening fish & chip van.

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
          Only upside is that we are on the Fest site, not a walk away, and it's only £10 for three nights camping!

I shall book early next year for definate!
          Can't beat the price - 3 nights for less than the price of 1 at Conkers. And it sounds, from Graham's comments in the video, like the queue at the loos could be shorter too!
          Neil

Comment

Originally posted by 1_man_and_his_dob(lo) View Post
            Can't beat the price - 3 nights for less than the price of 1 at Conkers. And it sounds, from Graham's comments in the video, like the queue at the loos could be shorter too!
            Good price, but no facilities as such. so it's money for nowt really. It's actually the municipal park next door... I suppose they have to hire the portaloos, and these are changed for new ones half way thru the weekend, but they are disgusting by Sunday. I won't use them. Apart from that there is a hole to empty chemical loos into (no rinsing facilities, take your own water) and the tap for water is a very long walk away. Glad that this year I have a water tank on wheels and a pump in my van! And a shower, well sort of!

Comment

Graham,

I wanted you to know that my mum and I have just spent an enjoyable evening watching this and your other campsite reviews on Youtube. She's here visiting me for a long weekend and as I don't have a tv I felt the need to entertain her somehow! She loves the forum now and we had a lively discussion about various campsites and facilities and she wants me to pass on her admiration for the time and effort you put in to everything.

I can see that I'm going to have to check my new romahome VERY carefully for stowaways when I drive away from her house....

Comment

Originally posted by Pema Lily View Post
                Graham,

I wanted you to know that my mum and I have just spent an enjoyable evening watching this and your other campsite reviews on Youtube. She's here visiting me for a long weekend and as I don't have a tv I felt the need to entertain her somehow! She loves the forum now and we had a lively discussion about various campsites and facilities and she wants me to pass on her admiration for the time and effort you put in to everything.

I can see that I'm going to have to check my new romahome VERY carefully for stowaways when I drive away from her house....
                Ahh bless, tell her thank you very much for the feed back. She ought to think of a username and join in the banter on here she would love it.
                Graham

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X