This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underweight

Having read Barry5's post some time ago - see here - we thought that we ought to get our van (Dimension) weighed when loaded.

So, last week, before we set off fully loaded we went to the weighbridge:
    We had 2 of us in the van and 2 bikes on the back
    Cycling kit and walking kit
    Food, clothes and essential paraphernalia for 2 weeks
    Full tank of fuel
    Almost empty fresh water tank as we never travel with a full tank
    2x5 litre fresh water inside

And, joy of joys, we have 130kgs of spare capacity. What a relief as we always seemed to try and pack too much in.

Well done Wendy that must have been a relief, we have never dared try it as the beer in the fridge would probably take it well over weight.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Never thought about being overweight! As we don't have bikes I am hoping we will have extra space for a bit of beer.

Comment

Originally posted by wendy View Post
        Having read Barry5's post some time ago - see here - we thought that we ought to get our van (Dimension) weighed when loaded.

So, last week, before we set off fully loaded we went to the weighbridge:
        We had 2 of us in the van and 2 bikes on the back
        Cycling kit and walking kit
        Food, clothes and essential paraphernalia for 2 weeks
        Full tank of fuel
        Almost empty fresh water tank as we never travel with a full tank
        2x5 litre fresh water inside

And, joy of joys, we have 130kgs of spare capacity. What a relief as we always seemed to try and pack too much in.
        Severe food for thought

Your load doesn't seem much different to ours, yet your weighbridge registered some 170 kg less than ours did. That is about 375 lbs in old money, nearly three and a half hundredweight

OK, we had half a tank of water (25 kg), an unemptied cassette (10 ? kg), but we did not have clothes in wardrobe, laptop, DVD player, fresh food, reading matter or sundry other junk that always finds its way into the 'van, so probably the plusses and minuses would roughly even out.

Now I know M takes enough clothes to last a year, and enough food to withstand a three month general strike among supermarket check out operatives ... but ... three and a half hundredweight for goodness sake

Methinks one (or both) of our respective weighbridges may be telling porkies

Barry

Comment

Barry, am I right in say you have a R30?

Wendy has a Dimension, could this account for the weight difference? I think the R30 base vehicle is longer, I might be wrong so don't shoot me down in flames.
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
            Barry, am I right in say you have a R30?

Wendy has a Dimension, could this account for the weight difference? I think the R30 base vehicle is longer, I might be wrong so don't shoot me down in flames.
            Come on Graham, get it together

Is "R30" not Romahome's all singing, all dancing, trendy, dynamic, new wonder-name for the Dimension?

Ours is a Mk 2, yours is a Mk 1, Wendy's is a Mk ?

Our R30 is just under 16 feet long, is your Mk 1 that much different?

The fundamental point is that Romahome sell these vehicles with an alleged payload. I doubt that the designed payload is much different between the Mk 1 and the Mk 2, certainly not by 170 kg, bearing in mind that they are both based on the 3,000 kg GVW Relay van.

I am still suspicious of the weighbridge readings.

Perhaps Ant or Brian B can shed some light on the difference in designed payload between the Mk1 and Mk2

Barry

Comment

Originally posted by barry5 View Post
              Come on Graham, get it together

Is "R30" not Romahome's all singing, all dancing, trendy, dynamic, new wonder-name for the Dimension?

Ours is a Mk 2, yours is a Mk 1, Wendy's is a Mk ?

Our R30 is just under 16 feet long, is your Mk 1 that much different?
              I said don't shoot me down in flames.

Wendy's is the same as ours a Dimension not R30, the Dimension engine size is 2 litre, yours is 2.2 litre I think, our van is around 15 foot long. I'm not an expert on these things but yours must be a bit heavier.
              Graham

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                I said don't shoot me down in flames.

Wendy's is the same as ours a Dimension not R30, the Dimension engine size is 2 litre, yours is 2.2 litre I think, our van is around 15 foot long. I'm not an expert on these things but yours must be a bit heavier.
                If you all have a look at the plate for the gross weight - should be in the engine compartment I think - you can see if there is any difference in the chasis weights. Just being a mediator here.

I have got an issue at the moment regarding payload with our new R20 but won't go into details as still waiting for a reply that doesn't seem to come.
                Moya :)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X