Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age concession in summer on C&CC sites

I've just had this email from the club.

As an Age Concession member you can now save 15% on standard member prices in High Season for the rest of this summer.

The discount is available on over 35 sites across the Club Site network - so book now to enjoy some well-earned 'you' time away from the everyday routine!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

I never use club sites but if I did I would find their website really bad. I too got the e mail so just as an experiment I went in to their website and selected a club site but to find out the price I had to fill in all the booking details. Surely these days a club needs to be transparent about their prices and they should be able to be found instantly before having to proceed with anything else.

There should be a link to the prices on the site details page and it should be easy to find out.

Comment

To find out the price on line I had to do the following procedure:

1 click to Go to specific campsite site page.
      1 click to go to per person per night red font
      1 click to go to Club pricing
      1 click to go to 2015 pricing explained
      1 click to open Book your camping holiday
      scroll down to Price insert card
      select 2015 to download it
      Open the download
      Scroll down to date
      Scroll up to select specific campsite and establish its band
      Scroll up to bands
      Establish that it could be one fee or another for same night.
      Work out what 25% discount would be on both
      Add on any electric
      Add it all together and find out that you could be paying 'A' or 'B' depending on when booked

Then realise you have decided it is too expensive and start again with another site or lose the will to do any more and scoot back to the other club.

I have to add that I would not have found the route for all this at each stage without some help from a phone call and 5 minute wait for an answer.

When I buy anything else on line I know the price and postage charge before I proceed.

Comment

I just use the Members Quick Booking box.
        Choose site
        Put in dates
        select campervan (or Motorhome - nobody's ever been able to tell me the difference)
        Choose pitch type *
        How many people and are they ACR *
        See the price (it is fixed once you've booked)
        Confirm or not

* These might be the other way round!

What I'd really like is the option to put in dates and get a list of where there's availability for that period.

The on-line system which was replaced a couple of years ago was certainly far better than the one that replaced it. In fact I stopped using it and just rang the site direct. There's absolutely no point in ringing the central booking number, they can only see the same information that you get yourself online. Unlike a computer, a human being will probably spot that there is actually space on four consecutive nights, just not on the same pitch!
        The system has eventually improved this year, but it's still not as good as the old one.
        Last edited by Artoo0; 28-07-2015, 17:49.
        Geoff

Comment

I got that email too Graham, and a postcard from Cambridge site through the post! Neither of which will be persuading me to book at the current prices! I read on FB that someone got charged over £60 for 2 nights, no ehu, just an extra large grass pitch. I believe it was at West Runton. Outrageous

Comment

Originally posted by maddy View Post
            I got that email too Graham, and a postcard from Cambridge site through the post! Neither of which will be persuading me to book at the current prices! I read on FB that someone got charged over £60 for 2 nights, no ehu, just an extra large grass pitch. I believe it was at West Runton. Outrageous
            So my £38 per night for a site with EHU, swimming pool etc. was not as outrageous as I thought!
            Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Vanderella View Post
              So my £38 per night for a site with EHU, swimming pool etc. was not as outrageous as I thought!
              If it is more like centreparcs as you suggested, it may not be such a surprise, especially with a pool, but still seems a lot to pay for one night! The thing that pushed up the price of the one I mentioned was the fact that they booked a jumbo pitch, but when alls said and done, it is still just a grass pitch, that they were going to pitch a tent on!!

Comment

I too tried to find out prices for C&CC sites. I never could get a straight answer online so just gave up. It seemed like I had to be a member to find out. I now know that any site that makes it hard to find out pricing must be too expensive.
                Now, can anyone tell me about Caravan Club pricing? They give a price per adult but on the same line they have a price for pitch, does that mean for instance, if its £4 per adult and £5 for pitch, that 2 adults would cost £13 per night?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisU View Post
                  I too tried to find out prices for C&CC sites. I never could get a straight answer online so just gave up. It seemed like I had to be a member to find out. I now know that any site that makes it hard to find out pricing must be too expensive.
                  Now, can anyone tell me about Caravan Club pricing? They give a price per adult but on the same line they have a price for pitch, does that mean for instance, if its £4 per adult and £5 for pitch, that 2 adults would cost £13 per night?
                  Yes there is a price per person and a pitch price so it would be £13 in the example you give.

The best way to get a price for C&CC is to do a dummy booking, it only takes a few minutes.
                  Graham
                  Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Vanderella View Post
                    Can anyone beat the £33.85 I was quoted for a pitch in Scotland - low season (May), one person with no pets or awning etc. All wanted was an overdue shower so rang around to find a cheap site. Needless to say, I did not accept, found a nice hot shower for £1 and wild-camped in a much more tranquil lochside setting instead.

I found the campsite so couldn't resist taking a curious peek to see how they could justify their costs. It was nothing special - a simple field packed with caravans and campers crammed into small pitches glued to their TV sets inside their awnings. They might as well have stayed at home on a busy housing estate.

Comment

We just had an emergency trip to Norfolk & the owners of our usual site were away on holiday. ( How dare they ) Anyway we went to the Thetford Forest site to enquire about a pitch for one night and when I explained the situation to them they were very helpful and put us on the only pitch available which was an over size one £37 a night but they were sweethearts & only charged us £29 which we didn't have a lot of choice about as it was an emergency. We also had as new (to us )awning to erect which we were not looking forward to doing. Not easy at the best of times but we managed to do it without any bad temper tantrums. Thankfully, our son, who had been rushed into Norfolk & Norwich hospital was okay and was discharged the same night. Phew ! So, although it was expensive, we were glad of a pitch but given the choice under normal circumstances we wouldn't pay that price.

Comment

Originally posted by pendel View Post
                        We just had an emergency trip to Norfolk & the owners of our usual site were away on holiday. ( How dare they ) Anyway we went to the Thetford Forest site to enquire about a pitch for one night and when I explained the situation to them they were very helpful and put us on the only pitch available which was an over size one £37 a night but they were sweethearts & only charged us £29 which we didn't have a lot of choice about as it was an emergency. We also had as new (to us )awning to erect which we were not looking forward to doing. Not easy at the best of times but we managed to do it without any bad temper tantrums. Thankfully, our son, who had been rushed into Norfolk & Norwich hospital was okay and was discharged the same night. Phew ! So, although it was expensive, we were glad of a pitch but given the choice under normal circumstances we wouldn't pay that price.
                        Hi Penny and Derek

As you say you wouldn't want to pay that price normally but you don't think about money in that situation, I am so glad your son is ok now that must be a big relief.
                        Graham

Comment