Private sites ....almost no rules ...but well behaved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private sites ....almost no rules ...but well behaved

we went to Delhorn Farm touring park Lympsham near Burnham on sea for three nights and it was really good .I was talking to a chap from Bolton who had just spent a month on tour in cornwall and Devon before a week in Lympsham.The point is on this site so well organised hardly any big "Dont do anything" type signs so well used by both camping and camping and caravaning clubs it has got quite silly on most sites.The other chap said on one site the warden thrust two sheets of paper in his hand with rules to read before .he hooked up and... had a cup of tea..........no matter how many times im told not to skate board round a toilet block .....i dont want to any way...yes Delhorn Farm no signs but all behaved really well perhaps good news for the future............Mark and Shirley

I used to stay on a campsite near Poole that was very convenient for the early morning ferry to Cherbourg.

It was remarkably cheap for one night, but I gave up staying there after numerous disturbed nights due to inconsiderate late night noise from other campers.

This year I stayed at Hunter's Moon Caravan Club site near Wareham, which is further away from the port and more expensive - but at least I had an undisturbed sleep.

I know the two main Clubs have lots of rules, but in the 14 years I've used Caravan Club sites, I've never had a disturbed night due to other campers.

I'm not suggesting all commercial sites are the same but some people need to be told how to behave!

John
    Last edited by JohnDL; 26-08-2015, 16:29.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDL View Post
      I used to stay on a campsite near Poole that was very convenient for the early morning ferry to Cherbourg.

It was remarkable cheap for one night, but I gave up staying there after numerous disturbed nights due to inconsiderate late night noise from other campers.

This year I stayed at Hunter's Moon Caravan Club site near Wareham, which is further away from the port and more expensive - but at least I had an undisturbed sleep.

I know the two main Clubs have lots of rules, but in the 14 years I've used Caravan Club sites, I've never had a disturbed night due to other campers.

I'm not suggesting all commercial sites are the same but some people need to be told how to behave!

John
      That's one of the several reasons why I usually avoid using sites at all.
      The first site I stayed on had kids literally running wild, and the SITE MANAGER had to go and tell them to be quiet!!!! No response whatsoever from their parents who just abdicated all responsibility as soon as they arrived.

That said, I was parked in a car park a while ago, and some people came and stood near my van talking - quite rudely - about my van, which was parked with permission and completely out of everyone's way, presumably without realising that I could hear every word as the pop top was up...
      Anne
      My website and My blog, which includes 'On Location' trip reports.

Comment

I would have got out and said something about their bad manners and ignorance about my vehicle

Comment

I would have got out and killed them with kindness = hello, would anybody like a cuppa???

Comment

Originally posted by cordyroy View Post
            we went to Delhorn Farm touring park Lympsham near Burnham on sea for three nights and it was really good .I was talking to a chap from Bolton who had just spent a month on tour in cornwall and Devon before a week in Lympsham.The point is on this site so well organised hardly any big "Dont do anything" type signs so well used by both camping and camping and caravaning clubs it has got quite silly on most sites.The other chap said on one site the warden thrust two sheets of paper in his hand with rules to read before .he hooked up and... had a cup of tea..........no matter how many times im told not to skate board round a toilet block .....i dont want to any way...yes Delhorn Farm no signs but all behaved really well perhaps good news for the future............Mark and Shirley
            I would love to skateboard round a toilet block but I cannot seem to stay on the darn thing

Comment

Originally posted by ARP View Post
              That's one of the several reasons why I usually avoid using sites at all.
              The first site I stayed on had kids literally running wild, and the SITE MANAGER had to go and tell them to be quiet!!!! No response whatsoever from their parents who just abdicated all responsibility as soon as they arrive
              There was a site warden who ran the c&cc club site at Hayfield for many years, he was brilliant at dealing with those sort of parents and would inform them "there is a big difference between running around and running amok"

He did it in such a calm yet forceful way that he kept very good control of the site.

Comment

The worst campsite I ever stayed on was a private site near Aberystwyth. There was a chap and his wife camping nearby, and every morning at around 6am he told them to F-off and go and play... on the playground which was right next to me. Not actually playing, but they had found a tree stump and were hitting it against all the playground equipment. The youngest was a baby being carried around by the eldest at around 7 years old and dumped on the wet ground and left to cry. The kiddies really didn't know how to behave, and f'ed and blinded at each other as well. Another chap, ex-army, packed up his tent and left before he gave in to his temper and gave the first chap a good pasting. That was one campsite I was not sorry to leave!

Comment