As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

French Hols

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French Hols

Busy planning next years French Hols..... found this site of aires in France, including free ones!
    Now all I've got to do is find it in POI format for the sat nav.
    Although there are hundreds more!
    Anyone else venturing on to "le Continent" next year?

http://airecampingcar.com/

Tony Anchorman
    Last edited by anchorman; 11-11-2009, 21:10.

Originally posted by anchorman View Post
    Anyone else venturing on to "le Continent" next year?
    For the first time in years and years, we aren't going to France next year, I think we are doing a tour of the west country, we'll probably change our minds half a dozen times though, after reading Rogers posts about Ireland we might have to try that one year as well. Trouble is when your main hols are limited because of work you've got to make the right choice. It's great deciding and planning though.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

What area are you planning to visit Anchorman?

We stayed on a beautiful Aire last year. It wasn't planned, our son was on holiday and his car broke down and we sent to stay near the hotel they were being put up in, so that we could help out.

Anyway, I've been intending to put it on the campsite reviews, so will try to do it this weekend. We have some nice photos of it too.

Meow is the time to chill with my cat =^..^=

Comment

Pauline

Got a week early June, just bumming around no set plans, and are also following the Tour de France in July. Have stayed all over France in mobiles over there for years e.g. Eurocamp. Will be dwarfed in an R25 by those big old MH's over there. Will try and do a piece for the forum on the adventure.

Tony Anchorman
        Last edited by anchorman; 12-11-2009, 09:59.

Comment

Pauline

Got a week early June, just bumming around no set plans, and are also following the Tour de France in July. Have stayed all over France in mobiles over there for years e.g. Eurocamp. Will be dwarfed in an R25 by those big old MH's over there. Will try and do a piece for the forum on the adventure.

Tony Anchorman
          I bet the French will be very curious about your R25! It will be great if you could do a piece for the forum

Comment

Thanks for that Aires link! We too are planning our next years trip to France! The maps and books will be spread all over the floor to help us decide where to go this year! Love the planning stage almost as much as the trip itself! There are some good ferry deals at the moment, but it does mean parting with money now, which is a bind just before C--------! (don't like to mention that day before 1st December though!)

Comment

Greynomad

Don't know if you have used an ACSI card before

http://www.acsi.eu/en/home/l2-n144/

but every body raves about it, for 11,13 or 15 euros a night out of season,
              2010 card out on 8th December.
              Vicarious books are at the Shepton Mallet Show in the new year, will pick one up there.

Also will get France Passion 2010 membership,

http://www.france-passion.co.uk/?gcl...FVBd4wodK1AEog

You must be self sufficient i.e. shower or toilet and no hook-up, but free stay in Vineyards, Farms etc where you can buy the produce if you wish,
              but I'm sure you know all these already.

Anyone else used these items?

Tony Anchorman
              Last edited by anchorman; 14-11-2009, 11:13.

Comment

Have the ACSI on my 'to get' list! Haven't used it before, usually use Camping Cheques. (Still have a few left! Maybe a few days walking on the Isle of Wight soon!) A friend mentioned ACSI at the end of last season, they use a combination of that and CC. She says the ACSI is excellent for Germany and Luxembourg.

French Passion...mmm! Have browsed the site before but not joined. Looks great. The only problem with a Roma is if you are loaded with awnings and bikes! Still very tempting though for the odd night!

Oh dear so many choices!

Comment

Found the POI's for the sat nav, Camping Cheques and ACSI(although ACSI 2009, they will update when available)
                  Now all I've got to do is remember how to load them into Tom Tom!

http://www.archiescampings.eu/eng1/

Tony Anchorman

Comment

I've finally got round to adding the review of the aire - plus some photos:

Aire - St Brice en Congles

Comment

Pauline

Gendarmerie must be new, not shown on Google Earth, is this the right place?Only one MH at the time, but not you?

Tony Anchorman
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by anchorman; 16-11-2009, 19:06.

Comment

Pauline

Gendarmerie must be new, not shown on Google Earth, is this the right place?Only one MH at the time, but not you?

Tony Anchorman
                        That's the one Tony. Well done

The Gendarmarie is there but it probably doesn't look like one. If you go immediately up from the motorhome, you can see a white vehicle parked, the buildings near there with a car park is the gendarmarie and the buildings are where the police live, or so we assumed, they were all going in to the houses in their uniforms and there were children playing in the yard. The faint white line that runs from the building to the field is actually an electronic barrier.

Oh and we had forgotten until you posted the aerial shot - behind the Aire is a cemetery!! The wall/hedge at the back is very high so you can't see it

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X