This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Video Review - Poolsbrook CC site

I have uploaded a new video review of the Poolsbrook Caravan Club site near Chesterfield you can see the vieo here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yVrpdSnOtc
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Nice little video Graham. Almost on my doorstep.
    Did you realise while you were there that you were standing on what previously was the location of several very high and very ugly pit spoil heaps?
    The area was landscaped to form the now very attractive Country Park and caravan site and lake.
    Every Sunday (except very early and very late in the year) a narrowboat called John Varley operates short trips from Tapton Lock (just off the main road to Chesterfield) on the Canal. It is also available for charter at any time during the week by the hour at (currently) £30/hour. If filled with 12 passengers that is a quite reasonable £2.50/person/hr for up to four hours and five out and back lock transits.
    Sorry! I had to get my pennorth in as I am one of the "Licenced Skippers" who takes the boat out on hire as required. For any hardy campers who might be around, the John Varley also offers accomodation to visiting Santa Claus on the four or five weekend before Christmas. Of course with refreshment for the elders and gifts for the kiddies.
    More info. can be obtained from Tapton Lock Visitor Centre or by visiting www.chesterfield-canal-trust.org.uk .
    Last edited by Twolitre; 01-11-2010, 15:26.
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Funnily enough Pauline and I were saying that we thought it must have been a pit at one time, it's certainly very different now.

Next time we are up that way we will look out for you skippering your barge and give you a
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
        the John Varley also offers accomodation to visiting Santa Claus on the four or five weekend before Christmas. Of course with refreshment for the elders and gifts for the kiddies.
        More info. can be obtained from Tapton Lock Visitor Centre or by visiting www.chesterfield-canal-trust.org.uk .
        It doesn't say how much the Santa Special is TL, have you any idea?

We walked from the campsite to near Tapton lock when we were there the time before last, very nice walk too! Must make a point of visiting the lock next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline View Post
          It doesn't say how much the Santa Special is TL, have you any idea?

We walked from the campsite to near Tapton lock when we were there the time before last, very nice walk too! Must make a point of visiting the lock next time.
          £5 per passenger Pauline. The ride is about 30 minutes (but we try to stretch that a bit if there are more children than usual), which usually gives a child at least five minutes with Santa. Adults get a mince pie and a glass of wine.

This has become very popular over the years, so booking in advance is a good idea to prevent disappointment. TLVC phone number for bookings is01246 551035.

Seth Ellis trip boat works from Retford which might be equally convenient for you.
          For that ring Pete or Vicky on 01246 280660 That IS also a Chesterfield number. Both boats run at the same rates, but that one with Santas twin!

Every Sat. and Sun. from Nov 27th to December 19th every 45 minutes.
          Last edited by Twolitre; 01-11-2010, 22:33. Reason: dates/times added
          Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Thanks for the info. At today's prices that is quite a bargain for seeing the man in red!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X