This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love Travel

Just had a letter to say this concept has been disbanded. So no more Love Travel, still we get to keep the mugs!

Bye Bye Love Travel

Well that's a shock , I wonder what the reasons behind it are, perhaps Andrew from Freeborn or Brianb from Romahome can tell us.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
      Well that's a shock , I wonder what the reasons behind it are, perhaps Andrew from Freeborn or Brianb from Romahome can tell us.
      Romahome IoW have confirmed that Love Travel has been wound up, and said to contact Anna at Roma IoW tomorrow(thursday).
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

The reason is that the potential event attendance would be too large for them to manage. Seems quite sensible to disband it. Seems they will still have previews and event weekends as usual, but not the organised weekends away camping and all the organisation involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Flo View Post
          The reason is that the potential event attendance would be too large for them to manage. Seems quite sensible to disband it. Seems they will still have previews and event weekends as usual, but not the organised weekends away camping and all the organisation involved.
          So,its called lets start a club that will boost our image! Oh Dear! its too successful,lets close it down!

I wonder what Baden-Powell would have to say about that,or Billy Butlin,or even Alan Suger.

Good enterprising spirit what?
          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
            So,its called lets start a club that will boost our image! Oh Dear! its too successful,lets close it down!....
            It seems from the letter Romahome's customer database has 4000 owners, with 500 more each year. If half joined the club, the cost of the magazine would be large and if only a quarter were to attend the subsidised or free events, Romahome's finances would be severely strained. In the present financial climate it is very sensible to stop now.

I think what they have provided in the past has been a bonus for Romahome owners and is way beyond other manufacturers.

Comment

Originally posted by Twinkletoes View Post
              I think what they have provided in the past has been a bonus for Romahome owners and is way beyond other manufacturers.
              I couldn't agree more, I can't think of any other motorhome manufacturers that go to so much trouble for their customers.
              Graham
              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Yes, and they still supply a buffet at the Roma Club Agm and pay a large amount towards the marquee. Speaking of which, THE wedding missed next year's Agm by a week. B

Comment

Are they still going to produce the magazine? The magazine did sound like a good idea.

At the end of the day I think the most important thing for the company is to produce a rattling good motorhomes, with excellent build quality and a good aftersales service which looks after its customers. The rest is well window dressing at the end of the day..... nice but not essential.
                  Last edited by Tentpeg; 28-11-2010, 07:26.

Comment

I believe Love Travel was for all customers of Freeborns, not just Romahomes. I am hopeful that the close cooperation there is between Romahome Ltd and us, the owners, particularly through the Roma Club, will continue. There may be other makes where they have factory tours, as a lot of us did this Summer, but I doubt many MD's live in their vans for extended periods and will turn up at the AGM to meet over 100 owners and individualy discuss their ideas. With Brian Bailey as MD and Ant as Romahome guru I think we are well served for our choice of van.
                    And then there is the cricket - of which more later.
                    Colin

Comment

Very sad to learn this. I suppose Love Travel and Romahome have the current economic climate in mind, and the future, with their decision.

So sad, but I genuinely trust that it all works out.
                      Happiness is a palace on two wheels.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X