Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berlingo Solar Panel

Solar Panel.jpg

I bought and got a local bodyshop to fit a 100 watt solar panel. While the headlining was down to run the wires, I got him to put some foil backed bubble wrap inside the roof as insulation.

Panel (including fittings, wiring, control box etc) a roll of insulation from Wickes and installation £400.

Now I get free electricity.

Originally posted by RogerV View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]10222[/ATTACH]

I bought and got a local bodyshop to fit a 100 watt solar panel. While the headlining was down to run the wires, I got him to put some foil backed bubble wrap inside the roof as insulation.

Panel (including fittings, wiring, control box etc) a roll of insulation from Wickes and installation £400.

Now I get free electricity.
    Looks good, all you need now is some sunshine.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
      Looks good, all you need now is some sunshine.
      Had loads of that this morning, battery topped up nicely.

Note for doubters: Even in overcast weather a solar panel provides electricity. Obviously not as much as bright sunlight, but it's still free.

Comment

£400?
        I Heartily endorse your enthusiasm for solar panels. However I don't wish to dampen your enthusiasm but a 100W panel plus fitting kit plus controller to charge both leisure battery and car battery is £217.99 from Photonic Universe on ebay. I got this for my last MH and the batteries were always fully charged. I suppose the other £200 was the fitting charge, but I can do this in about 2 hours, and I would never be able to earn £200 in two hours!
        Anyway I can recommend Photonic universe and their products. That £217 one is a German Bosch panel, about the best you can get.
        I'll be getting another kit from them for my new-to-me MH.
        Once I have worked out how to get from roof to battery without drilling a hole in the roof!
        In that day you will cry out because of your king you have chosen. 1 Samuel v18

Comment

Originally posted by gasgas View Post
          £400?
          I Heartily endorse your enthusiasm for solar panels. However I don't wish to dampen your enthusiasm but a 100W panel plus fitting kit plus controller to charge both leisure battery and car battery is £217.99 from Photonic Universe on ebay. I got this for my last MH and the batteries were always fully charged. I suppose the other £200 was the fitting charge, but I can do this in about 2 hours, and I would never be able to earn £200 in two hours!
          The kit I bought from eBay was £195. The remainder as you suggest was for fitting. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to do it myself.

Comment

Ah that's good, I didn't like to think that you were paying too much.
            I've been looking again, as I have recently got another MH, and it would seem that the prices have gone down. As you will have found, there is a tremendous variation in costs, and I think, quality. What I liked about the Photonic one was that it has two outputs, one for the cab engine battery and the other for the leisure battery. You can choose which to give priority to, or let it sort itself out and give the charge to the one that needs it most.
            Which one did you get Roger?
            In that day you will cry out because of your king you have chosen. 1 Samuel v18

Comment