X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

calor gas

Hi everyone
    Me hubby & pouch are traveling to Spain for 60 days in Feb, in our Bongo, we have" 2 " 41/2Kgs calor bottles 1 full 1 3/4full, we will be mostly on a site using elec.
    so will this be enough? & if not how easy is calor gas to get in Spain ?? (hubby's heard it's not) so what would you recommend
    Regards Irene

Hello Irene

If you want to be certain you could get one of these http://www.leisureshopdirect.com/cam...s.aspx?aff=122

then if you run out of gas you can get a camping gaz cylinder, they are easy to buy in France. We use calor gas but have a camping gaz cylinder as a spare and swop them over with the adapter......easy.

Enjoy your trip you lucky spuds.

Edit to say: Oops just read your post again and you are going to Spain not France, not sure about the gas situation in Spain, does anyone else know?
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

It depends on how much gas you use as to whether the amount you have will last. If cooking on it all the time and'or using it for heating it probably won't be enough, but if not then it could well be. I go away most weekends over spring, summer, autumn and a bit in winter, and I'm still using a 4.5 Kg Calor that I put in my van when I got it 15 months ago - but when I have an EHU I don't even turn the gas on.

You can't get Calor or Campingaz in Spain - I nicked this from another website to explain what you do if you need gas there:

In Spain LPG can be quite difficult. You'll see orange butane cylinders all over the place for domestic use but you are not allowed to use these in motorhomes. Spain has strict laws about selling gas to non-householders and for 12kg Cepsa or Repsol bottles you need a contract from a gas agent which can be difficult. Go instead to a Cepsa petrol station and get a silver 13kg bottle for about 17€ which includes a 10€ deposit (at time of writing). You'll also need a local regulator, this is often bought at a hypermarket or a ferreteria. This only applies to the first bottle, once you have the first one you simply exchange it for another full one and use the same regulator. One trick is to go to a second-hand shop and buy a second-hand empty bottle, then go to the gas supplier and trade it for a full one.

In a small motorhome you won't want a 13Kg bottle, but I can't find anything that says if they do a smaller size, sorry.

Maybe someone else will know.
      Last edited by Caz; 15-12-2010, 20:34.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, thinking of buying extra gas & adaptor in france before traveling through to spain. can anyone tell me if france does the 4.5 kg bottles as thats the only size that fits in the bongo.
        Regards Irene

Comment

No, you can't get Calor in France - has to be Campingaz, the 907 size will fit as it's a bit smaller than a 4.5 Calor - but you'll need a different regulator and it is more expensive than Calor.

Comment

I always carry a spare campingaz cylinder and regulator when abroad. Do you know anyone who could lend you one? I would happily lend mine if you are in my neck of the woods (notts)
            Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X