This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas camping

So have you every camped over Christmas?

If so what did you do? Did you have a little tree? turkey? take all your presents?

Do the 'neighbours' come out and wish each other happy Christmas or do they keep themselves to themselves?

Not sure if it is something we would try but who knows!

We usually go away on Boxing Day. Cold turkey, mince pies, scotch shortbread and cheese footballs, you've got to have cheese footballs!

We spent four nights in Brighton last year, visiting the Pavillion and shopping in the Lanes. A day trip to Lewis, and all along the coast to Beechy Head.

I usually put up a few trimmings in the van, but we are never still long enough to see "Neighbours".
    Alan

Comment

Christmas camping

Well yes, I'm about to try out Christmas Camping for the first time at Ivy House Farm, Freiston Ings, Boston Lincs.
      Information is on the front page of Roma Club Review issue 93, heading:
      YOUR CHANCE TO MAKE MERRY IN A BARN, AND SHARE A RALLY WITH FELLOW ROMA MADCAPS.
      The proposed dates are Wednesday 23rd to Sunday 27th December, site fee is £7.00 per unit per night plus a donation to cover some heat in the barn in the evenings, the site has electrics, and good facilities i.e. hot water and showers, toilets, and CDP, all sounds great to me,
      Full report when I return for interested parties..........

Merry Christmas
      Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
      'Live without regrets'

Comment

Yes please - we look forward to reading that Bryan, happy camping

Comment

I've always wanted to piddle off and be somewhere else at Xmas. Bah Humbug.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
            I've always wanted to piddle off and be somewhere else at Xmas. Bah Humbug.
            Hay jayjay come and join us? we'll have a great bash! I'll put in an extra xmas pud!!!!!!!!!
            Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
            'Live without regrets'

Comment

Originally posted by bryanmole View Post
              Hay jayjay come and join us? we'll have a great bash! I'll put in an extra xmas pud!!!!!!!!!
              Thanks for asking, but I think I'd be a bit cold in just my awning! LOL! Maybe next year when I have a 'van of some sort!

Do you think the Roma club would put up with a caravan being there though? It's not going to be a Romini!!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                Thanks for asking, but I think I'd be a bit cold in just my awning! LOL! Maybe next year when I have a 'van of some sort!

Do you think the Roma club would put up with a caravan being there though? It's not going to be a Romini!!! LOL
                Got a feeling they are quite strict and its Romahome made vehicles only.

You're welcome on one of our meets though whatever your unit.

Which reminds me Pauline and I were saying that we are definitely going to get something sorted regarding a meet when Christmas is out of the way, so watch this space.
                Graham
                Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post

Which reminds me Pauline and I were saying that we are definitely going to get something sorted regarding a meet when Christmas is out of the way, so watch this space.
                  Yay!! Now Jay Jay will be able to come and kip in her Kip

Comment

Not camping at Christmas I have my mum with me, but I am camping for the new year, 30th Dec - 2nd Jan and further up north from where I am now!

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline View Post
                      Yay!! Now Jay Jay will be able to come and kip in her Kip
                      LOL LOL Pauleen! I can't wait!

Kip in Dutch actually means 'chicken' so that will be The Chicken Shed I'm camping in! LOL!! Could this be my van's new name?

Comment

Brilliant name JJ , I think that you are going to be in your element with your new kip. Hope you have many many years of enjoyment with her.

Comment

I love it JJ, the Chicken Shed it is

Comment

Christmas Camping,.........

The last time i camped out at Christmas, was when i was given an ultimatum by mt EX wife!!(lol) it wa sthe Caravan or her,...Ikept the ,van hooked up and whent!But i must admit when i wake up on the 25 dec, with the coldest night for ages, as i stepped out of my, van into the sheep poo,ect ect ect, with nowt but beans, beans and more beans, ohh and a tin of out of date prunes, i did have second thoughts, but, i sold my then,challenger(swift)..upgraded to a 56 seater coach, which had been professionally converted,and buggered off for a 12 month tour.., that was many moons ago, and now im half normal, with a c15 N Venture, hoping one day, to becoming....Normal.
                            Rob,:thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by Nu Venture, Cleethorpes View Post
                              upgraded to a 56 seater coach, which had been professionally converted,and buggered off for a 12 month tour.., that was many moons ago, and now im half normal, with a c15 N Venture, hoping one day, to becoming....Normal.

From a converted 56 seater coach to a C15 N Venture, now that's what I call downsizing. I bet you felt a bit claustrophobic at first.
                              Graham
                              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X