As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop-over's pubs and resturant's.

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried this ?

http://www.motorhomestopover.co.uk/guestdirectory.asp

£30 to join online with a downloadable handbook

or £39. for a postal application with printed book and membership card.

Sounds like a good idea, as you have to eat somewhere, if you arn't cooking it yourself and it would make a nice treat anyway.

It does look interesting. I'd like to hear from anyone who has used it too.

Barbara Anne

Comment

Hopefully someone will come along who knows more about it. I can remember looking at the website last year and wondering but with subs to the CC and C&CC it all adds up! I must admit that it is tempting to have a good supply food and drink within a few yards of the van!

And what I really dislike about CC sites is that you seem to have to make your mind up months in advance and pre book (I know you can cancel later but that is all too much for us!!). We like to be more spontaneous.....look out of the window, 'oh its Friday and the sun is out, shall we go North, South, East or West, forest, mountains or coast??' etc. etc.
      Mary

Comment

Yes, Mary, I like that idea - complete spontaneity! It hasn't stopped snowing all day here in Lichfield. How is it in Leek. It isn't so bad here, the roads are clear - it's just the pavements that are treacherous

Barbara Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Ewig View Post
          Yes, Mary, I like that idea - complete spontaneity! It hasn't stopped snowing all day here in Lichfield. How is it in Leek. It isn't so bad here, the roads are clear - it's just the pavements that are treacherous

Barbara Anne

Hi Barbara Anne

I did not realize you were so close - that is Lichfield in Staffordshire??

Quite a bit of snow here in Leek, had to cancel plans to go to Stroud and Guildford this weekend, partly because of weather predictions, and partly because we both have winter bugs, I have been on Pencillin all week and only just starting to feel a little better. So will not be venturing out to give an 'in depth' snow report!

Coming down your way soon ...... Need to get to Abbots Bromley next weekend which is where my daughter lives, she lives completely off the beaten track, I love going there, but John always worries about what it is doing to the car even in the best of weathers. You can imagine the worrying and grumbles at this time of year!
          Mary

Comment

There are loads of pubs with campsites and information available from the Caravan and Caravan and Camping clubs. There is also a list of sites with pubs on the ********** website.

Many pubs will allow you to stay overnight if you use their facilities and if they have a large car park or field. Personally I would not pay that much to join when the information is available elsewhere for free and there is nothing else included for the cost like the main clubs, but it it suits you then why not.

Have a look here for free list:

http://www.pubcamping.co.uk/pubs-and-inns/bedfordshire/

Comment

Originally posted by Vanderella View Post
              Hopefully someone will come along who knows more about it. I can remember looking at the website last year and wondering but with subs to the CC and C&CC it all adds up! I must admit that it is tempting to have a good supply food and drink within a few yards of the van!

And what I really dislike about CC sites is that you seem to have to make your mind up months in advance and pre book (I know you can cancel later but that is all too much for us!!). We like to be more spontaneous.....look out of the window, 'oh its Friday and the sun is out, shall we go North, South, East or West, forest, mountains or coast??' etc. etc.
              Hi we love to go as and when our minds take us, and if we can not find a campsite with pitches available then we look for Smaller Farm sites or pub sites that both clubs have.
              And also we use the DA Meets that the british catravan club and CCC have around the country, but most do not have EHU.

We have wild camped over the yrs by beaches, laybys that are well off the road, and other places that never disterbed any one, and took our rubish home .

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X