As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone toured Ireland?

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone toured Ireland?

Hi all
    I am going to be touring Southern Ireland in May/June next year crossing from Holyhead to Dublin,heading south and then round the coast to Donegal.Just wondering if anyone has been and have got any tips.

Hello Pat,
    We didn't go to Donegal but did go over a coue of years ago. Here's a thread from this site:
    http://smallmotorhome.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=70
    Aileen

Comment

Thanks Aileen.
      I have exchanged tesco vouchers and will pay for most of ferry with them.Wish I'd done it before they devalued them.
      I hope to go on the fast boat from Holyhead which will be better for my dogs and me as I can get seasick.Do you know if I can leave them in my van. They will be much happier there.
      I am joining a group of single campers so sites have already been decided, but I will need to find somewhere on my own after I leave them.
      Will I need a different electric pick up connector?
      Last edited by Pat534; 27-12-2010, 11:24. Reason: adding a bit

Comment

Hello Pat,
        I didn't take my dog, but I think you can leave them in the van on Irishferries, not sure about the other companies. I'm probably not likely to now, as he's old, with a heart problem and prone to anxiety! Good luck,
        Aileen.

Comment

Hi Pat.....

I was there last Easter, but no dog! My site reviews on the SMh website may assist. Electrics are standard blue conectors as in the UK. You can return on a different ferry route if you wish.

Comment

Thanks for your replies. must get myself organised now to book sites. I am joining the New companions Ireland tour.

Comment

Pat, we did Irish Ferries Holyhead to Dublin a few years ago with the dogs. They stayed in the boot of the car (well, hatchback of Shogun) as we were towing an FC. Leave windows or something part open for ventilation as it does get warm below decks (not cold as I'd assumed).

Don't know about sites - we went on up to Northern Ireland.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X