This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny things happen on campsites!

What is the funniest or strangest thing you have seen happen on a camping trip?

Our most recent was in France. We often popped to McDonalds (not to eat but to download our emails )

When we got back on site Graham set up the laptop to have a read of his, as it was raining.

I started reading my book but then, from the corner of my eye, noticed the chap in the van across the way suddenly do a double take and stand up and peer at Graham, obviously very curious as to whether he was indeed on the laptop.

I carried on watching from the corner of my eye as the chap stood up and reached for something from the cupboard above him. I was astounded when he took out some binoculars and proceeded to sit down and start watching what Graham was doing!!

After a time I moved so that I was in the eye line of the binoculars and smiled sweetly, he quickly moved them up and studied a tree nearby, then the sky then something else before putting them away

Is there free internet access then in MacDonalds then Pauline or do you have to pay as you go?

Comment

Originally posted by Roamingsue View Post
      Is there free internet access then in MacDonalds then Pauline or do you have to pay as you go?

No its completely free, we didn't even buy a hamburger (or whatever they call them these days) we just park the van up outside, as near as possible and switch on. It works in all McDonalds in this country and France.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Brilliant Graham!

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
          No its completely free, we didn't even buy a hamburger (or whatever they call them these days) we just park the van up outside, as near as possible and switch on. It works in all McDonalds in this country and France.
          Wow that's worth remembering Graham , I'm quite partial to a big mac now and then anyway, see how valuable this forum is
          Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
          'Live without regrets'

Comment

Thats one for "The Memory Bank" if I dont forget it
            Gunerdoo Do It Tomorrow ?

Comment

Many Tourist Information offices in France also have free Internet.

In this country Wetherspoons pubs also

Comment

Think this is worth my of a new thread ... will start one hopefully with Graham's blessing.... Free internet access uk when outandabout sort ta thing.....

not sure how to make a link to the new thread.... but will go and post one now!

Comment

Originally posted by Roamingsue View Post
                  Think this is worth my of a new thread ... will start one hopefully with Graham's blessing.... Free internet access uk when outandabout sort ta thing.....

not sure how to make a link to the new thread.... but will go and post one now!

Good idea Sue, you have my blessing . Here is a linky thingy.

WIFI THREAD
                  Graham
                  Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Free Internet TV

If your TV reception is poor when parked ! and you have your laptop why not
                    Try "THIS"
                    Gunerdoo Do It Tomorrow ?

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X