This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disability problems

Please as anyone had experience of someone who has to use a wheelchair and has used the ferry to France?
    I am thinking of traveling to a site in France, and as I am normally on my own I would like to take my brother with me, as it is normally not possible for him to have a holiday as he is 80 years old and uses a wheelchair.
    Is it possible for someone who has difficulty walking to use the ferry, as my brother would have trouble going from from my vehicle to the lift in the ferry

Hi Eugene

A friend of mine has a disabled wife who is a wheelchair user and he takes her to France, you need to tell the ferry company that your brother is a wheelchair user and they will make special provision for him.

In this day and age thankfully I don't think you will have a problem.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

The other possibility is the tunnel where you stay in the car.

Last year when we went on Condor ferries the disabled (blue badge holders were given priority when loading.

Dont forget that a blue badge can be used in Europe

Comment

There is a section on the Brittany Ferries website about disabled passengers.

BRITTANY

And also on Condor

CONDOR
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

I use ferry crossings quite a lot even before I received my blue badge, I was always looked after regarding boarding, yes just notify the ferry company on checking in that your brother is a wheelchair and they will make special provision for boarding, no problem in this day and age. Happy safe journey.
          Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
          'Live without regrets'

Comment

Disability

Thanks everyone for your friendly advice. I can see now that it is possible to take my brother on holiday with me as I have made enquiries with the ferries, and they say that providing that I let them know in advance, and switch the hazard lights on when boarding the ferry, this will act as a signal for them to park my vehicle near the lifts.
            Thank you all again.
            Eugene.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X