Cheap site - Aberystwyth Holiday Village

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap site - Aberystwyth Holiday Village

Just discovered they have a special deal on, just £10 per night, for up to 2 people in a van/caravan plus awning, outside of peak periods (i.e. not weekends or school holidays).This price includes EHU and WiFi with a choice of grass or hard-stand

It's a big park, lots of statics, has a club with entertainment, restaurant, shop, 2 bars and even ten pin bowling. It's not the most scenic we've stayed at and we normally avoid big family-oriented sites but it is 5 minutes walk from Aberystwyth town centre so convenient if visiting.

Facilities like toilet block seen decent enough.

We were surprised to get EHU and WiFi for a tenner a night, especially on a site close to town.

MMM looks like they might have pulled their socks up since my last visit then!

It was four years ago when I went though. There were no soap dispensers in the loos, and a lot of people were going down with stomach bugs... which I blamed on the lack of soap to wash your hands. The ladies showers were quite small as well.

Not a long way to walk into town though, like you said, and very handy for visits to other places along that stretch of coastline!

Comment

Toilet blocks now have soap dispensers. Showers small but adequate. A bit of a problem with shower pressure dropping but there is a notice saying that they are working on that.

In terms of toilet block facilities etc we've had worse on sites costing twice as much.

We would definitely plan to come back here again. In fact are already planning to do so. Liz shortly finishes her phonebox library quest (she elected to find 50 and is up to 62). Next year we might plan to ride at least 20 of the UK's 26 fenicular cliff railways and there's one here in Aberystwyth. In fact we might get time to test it today.

Comment