Campervan Project Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Campervan Project Survey

As part of a project, I need to collect data about campervans and small motorhomes. If you can fill in this survey it would be much appreciated .

Thanks,
    TinkerAndSolder
    Last edited by Graham; 29-10-2016, 11:43. Reason: remove link

Hi TinkerAndSolder

It would have been appreciated if you had contacted the site admin about this, before anyone answers your survey can you please let us know why you are conducting this survey and what it is for? Then people can make up their minds whether they want to participate or not.

Thanks
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi Tinker,

yes is this spam?

What is the purpose...

you need to introduce yourself, and why you want it to be filled in, you will get alot more info then.

What are you trying to prove or disprove?
      Is it a college project? (if you are grandson/grandaughter age tell us)
      Are you using it for marketing?
      Are you asking us to send money to nigeria?

If you do this youll problem find the whole forum community will be desperately clicking to fill it in.

Comment

Is there anywhere today where we can get away from surveys and market research etc.?
        Perhaps the request is genuine, but I have not accessed the link to even make a judgement. Because that does not really interest me. I regard this forum as an excellent communal chat project.
        And long may it be so. Please "Tinker" somewhere else!
        Jim.
        Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

I think this request is fraudulent and I would advise avoiding the link, it may cause all sorts of problems.
          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian.C.S View Post
            I think this request is fraudulent and I would advise avoiding the link, it may cause all sorts of problems.
            We have checked the link it is a simple survey which asks for information but nothing personal just general questions about campervans otherwise we wouldn't have allowed the post on. I would still like the original poster to come back and explain why he is asking for this information, I suspect he may be a student.

You are however right to be cautious Ian its the best policy.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

I've now removed the link as the original poster hasn't got back to explain a little more. It can be reinstated if necessary.
              Graham

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                I've now removed the link as the original poster hasn't got back to explain a little more. It can be reinstated if necessary.
                Hi Graham,
                The link is still showing on post#2 within the quote.
                Like you, I guess it is a student.
                This happens a lot on a Facebook group that I am a member of....and is dealt with by admin exactly as you have done.

Comment

Originally posted by Allen View Post
                  Hi Graham,
                  The link is still showing on post#2 within the quote.
                  Like you, I guess it is a student.
                  This happens a lot on a Facebook group that I am a member of....and is dealt with by admin exactly as you have done.
                  Thanks Allen for your eagle eyes. I've taken it out

Comment

A quick google of their forum name brought up the same request on another motorhome forum. They got the same response for more details. He/She is an engineering student, looking for info for a project.
                    Having taken a look at the survey, it isn't particularly well written, questions open to (mis)interpretation, as to what they understand by campervan/motorhome.

Comment

OK, I agree a degree of caution is always necessary, and maybe the kid isn't the most articulate or literate ... but hey, give him a break. It's plain as a pikestaff that it's a student doing essential research ... I've guided many a student doing precisely the same thing at GCSE, A Level and International Baccalaureate, it's what they do. I got my response to his request in before you swung the axe. What a grumpy, curmudgeonly, insular bunch of old codgers he must make us out to be. If he was looking to infect computers with malware or go phishing for bank details he'd have created a site entitled "Pfwoar ... you don't get may of them to the pound" and cast it around in places visited by testosterone-driven young fellers, not a minority-interest niche site like ours.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeroch View Post
                        If he was looking to infect computers with malware or go phishing for bank details he'd have created a site entitled "Pfwoar ... you don't get may of them to the pound" and cast it around in places visited by testosterone-driven young fellers, not a minority-interest niche site like ours.

I beg to differ Mike, you should see the amount of spam, dodgy links, dodgy posts etc., that we receive and don't get put through to the forum and very often they are posing as a legitimate person asking a question. You can't be too careful with people especially first time posters who put a link on the forum.

I accept that this link is harmless and I said so from the outset but my gripe is that he put it on the forum without contacting us and asking permission or fully explaining why he needed to gather the information. It's common courtesy to do these things in my opinion.
                        Graham

Comment

Grumpy old geezers

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                          I beg to differ Mike, you should see the amount of spam, dodgy links, dodgy posts etc., that we receive and don't get put through to the forum and very often they are posing as a legitimate person asking a question. You can't be too careful with people especially first time posters who put a link on the forum.

I accept that this link is harmless and I said so from the outset but my gripe is that he put it on the forum without contacting us and asking permission or fully explaining why he needed to gather the information. It's common courtesy to do these things in my opinion.
                          Get a life and don't be so paranoid !! The kid just wants some help . though I doubt he will come asking for it here again.

Comment

Originally posted by berwicklaw View Post
                            Get a life and don't be so paranoid !! The kid just wants some help . though I doubt he will come asking for it here again.
                            There's a difference between possibly being overcautious and deliberately being offensive!
                            Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by berwicklaw View Post
                              Why are you being so rude? We pride ourselves on this forum being a friendly and safe place to visit, if you'd clicked on a malicious link I'm sure you'd be the first to complain.

Please note the word "friendly".
                              Graham

Comment