This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB Romahome pod

I've got a bambi that is virtually history however I'm seriously considering putting a sledgehammer to the bambi as it's beyond economical repair at this point and fitting a romahome pod on the back instead.

What sort of price would I expect to reasonably pay for a pod? I would literally buy any right off / crash damaged / non starter acty or rascal or whatever that has a pod on it and transfer it onto my rascal chasis.

Are there any places that are known to have a few old pods lying around that need mounting on a body? I'd imagine that there are more pods around then vehicles these days. Again, any pointers on where to look and what to look out for would be much appreciated.

Ta.

Hi Bob, speak to Tony at http://www.actyvan.net/

He has some pods advertised on here http://www.actyvan.net/For%20Sale.html

The Honda Acty has a slightly lower cab roof than the Bedford/Suzuki so you may need to pack between the pod and the truck chassis.

Most scrap vehicles with pods I have seen have been Actys, they sometimes come up on fleabay
    Derek Our Berlingo camping car

Comment

Originally posted by bobthebuilder View Post
      I've got a bambi that is virtually history however I'm seriously considering putting a sledgehammer to the bambi as it's beyond economical repair at this point and fitting a romahome pod on the back instead.

What sort of price would I expect to reasonably pay for a pod? I would literally buy any right off / crash damaged / non starter acty or rascal or whatever that has a pod on it and transfer it onto my rascal chasis.

Are there any places that are known to have a few old pods lying around that need mounting on a body? I'd imagine that there are more pods around then vehicles these days. Again, any pointers on where to look and what to look out for would be much appreciated.

Ta.
      There is a shortage of demountables,they are popular,several makes of base vehicles fit them, including toyota and skoda,good luck,but they are not exactly lying around in heaps.
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X