As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Itchy feet!

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Itchy feet!

Having just been watching 'One man and his Campervan' on iplayer and also reading Simon King's Shetland Diaries, I am so itching to get out in the van again to see what's out there! Does anyone have a weather forecast covering half term? I wish it would get just that bit lighter in the evenings, I can cope with cold, it's just the dark that's a pain, unless I go somewhere that has childrens activities in the evening - hmm, I wonder......

If only I didn't have to go to work and yet still afford the petrol, however having cut down working hours, I can now go away for few days midweek so will now go back and find that thread about beachside sites. Yeah - I can dream and plan and plan and dream now - just a few more weeks............

....or am I the only one?

Jan

nope - you're not the only one!

Yesterday was soo lovely here, I just wanted to hitch up my caravan and goooooo! Glad I didn't though, it's cold and pouring down here today! Apart from the fact that I have a painful shoulder as well.

My son took the GS off for an overnighter to the N. Wales coast yesterday. He has to be back for work today though. Hope they had a good time.

It's been a long winter, but it won't last much longer, I hope.

Comment

Also got itchy feet!

We spent the day on the beach with the dogs yesterday and had a picnic looking over the bay at Rhyl. The weather was glorious. We were also looking for overnight sites to come back in the van for week-ends. Can't wait.

Patricia

Comment

Originally posted by jan View Post
        Having just been watching 'One man and his Campervan' on iplayer and also reading Simon King's Shetland Diaries, I am so itching to get out in the van again to see what's out there! Does anyone have a weather forecast covering half term? I wish it would get just that bit lighter in the evenings, I can cope with cold, it's just the dark that's a pain, unless I go somewhere that has childrens activities in the evening - hmm, I wonder......

If only I didn't have to go to work and yet still afford the petrol, however having cut down working hours, I can now go away for few days midweek so will now go back and find that thread about beachside sites. Yeah - I can dream and plan and plan and dream now - just a few more weeks............

....or am I the only one?

Jan
        We feel exactly the same and agree that long dark evenings, plus rain, put us off. Had a look at your beachside sites thread. All in Wales which is OK for us. Do you think you could let us have your list in order of preference, or if anyone else would like to add to really beachside camp sites it would be appreciated. Planning for Spring/Summer on a wet miserable Sunday. Just Ireland v France as possible distraction. Should tell Ian I have also got some Eco cloths for Sandra as extra Valentines Day pressies.

Comment

Our last trip was early December and have nothing booked til the end of the month so we had a day trip to clumber park on Monday, complete with picnic. It was good to be out and about in the van, it's not the weather thats stopped us for the last few weeks, it's work that gets in the way!!
          Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Originally posted by glenw View Post
            ...it's not the weather thats stopped us for the last few weeks, it's work that gets in the way!!
            Snap. Was away for 4 nights at the end of January, and cabin fever was starting to set in this week, so took the van out for the day yesterday to the top of the Rhondda valleys (Dare Valley Park is quite nice) and then Aberdulais Falls. It's embarrassing how many places I haven't visited that are so close to home...this time of year seems like a good time to sort that out.
            Neil

Comment

We've been away twice this year, already.
              What's the matter with you ?
              Happiness is a palace on two wheels.

Comment

we went over to carsington for one night in our little van, £5 a night at a site called the pudding Room!
                Excellent toilets and showers, no electic though, but we were nice and warm and the only ones on the site!!

Comment

Originally posted by satchmo_shaz View Post
                  we went over to carsington for one night in our little van, £5 a night at a site called the pudding Room!
                  Excellent toilets and showers, no electic though, but we were nice and warm and the only ones on the site!!
                  Hi Shaz

I have seen a write up about that site somewhere, I think they make Bakewell Puddings or something, it sounded lovely we must try it sometime but when the weather gets better especially if they have no electric.
                  Graham
                  Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by zaphod View Post
                    We've been away twice this year, already.
                    What's the matter with you ?
                    I'm not old enough to retire yet - unlike some! Work gets in the way of life a lot of the time, at other times it makes life possible - or the money does anyway.

Actually I won't be able to give up work until I drop/am 100 (whichever comes first) / win the lottery!!

Jan

Comment

Springs, Nearly here.. we are going to our static van in Poringland, this wednesday, to take all our decking/joinery gear in rediness for a glorious scorching hot, summer...
                      Rob,:thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by Nu Venture, Cleethorpes View Post
                        Springs, Nearly here.. we are going to our static van in Poringland, this wednesday, to take all our decking/joinery gear in rediness for a glorious scorching hot, summer...
                        That's what I like positive thinking.
                        Graham
                        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

the other site nearby (uppertown farm) has stunning views but it doesnt open till march and it only has CDP and water, but theres much more room and it doesnt get too crowded and its only £4.75 a night

Comment

Apart from two weekends when the snow made it unsafe to drive,I get away every weekend, and also thus far I have 16 meets booked for this year,November is still blank but something will arise nearer the time Im sure.
                            out is good! out is sanity! new friends,new places.

what are you all waiting for,get out here,you wont be alone!
                            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Well, I am only just 'semi' retired, and now doing 15 hours a week in a new job after taking EVR last month. We were away most weekends previously. Keep the little gems of campsites coming!
                              Happiness is a palace on two wheels.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X