As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone used The Motorhome Stopover site?

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone used The Motorhome Stopover site?

I wondered if anyone has subscribed to this site (£30 annual)? it's run by a pub landlord, and lists a lot of sites, mainly pubs where you can stopover for one night free of charge. There are over 400 sites listed in England alone, many being in areas we would like to visit, but you can't get any more detail until you subscribe. I could see it being useful for one nighters on a long journey to a 'normal' campsite, or perhaps for the night before a ferry crossing. Any thoughts or comments would be really helpful!

Yvonne

Hi Yvonne - I think this has been discussed before but I cant find the thread. Perhaps someone else can. I seem to remember the general opinion was that it was not particularly good value for money, what with all the other subscriptions one has to pay - CC & C&CC etc!

It would be good to see the list of participating pubs before paying!
    Mary

Comment

I also went on to the Wild Camping Forum and there is a list of pubs that are not in any scheme but allow motor homes to stay overnight.

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/...ead-first.html

Comment

Thanks very much, very helpful advice. Mary, I thought it was a bit steep having to pay £30, just to see which pubs we were talking about too. I'll have a look at the Wild camping Forum Donk's dad, it sounds interesting.

Comment

Sorry, but paying £30 before seeing what sort of information is available does not appeal to me!

Andrew

Comment

its a classic pig in a poke deal.You dont know what you get until you`ve bought it.

leave it alone.
            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

I have heard its a good book packed full of information. but the information is proberbly out there already, you just have to hunt for it.

Comment

Motorhome Stopovers

Here is a website that lists motorhome stopovers for free http://www.fulltiming.org

Comment

We paid for a year's membership of Britstops, which lists a few pubs, farms, etc where you can stay for free, but are offered the chance to buy stuff from their farm shop / bar (not compulsary). I'll try to remember to bring the book to the Spring Meet.

We never actually made use of any of the stopping places as they were not in the areas we actually wanted, so will not be renewing membership. Also, I / we had mixed feelings about the advisability of staying in a pub carpark.
                  Carpe diem! :)

Comment

I stayed in a pub car park for 2 months whilst working away from home and had a great time.
                    The next job I went to I tried the same thing (in quite a nice rural area) and on the first night had all the lights, windows and mirrors smashed on my van.

I don't stay in pub car parks any more.

Peter

Comment

pub stope over

hi we paid did not stope a any look in at a lot if u could get in to carparks one in i.o.m they had no carpark u just park on road other we look at no way a wast of money best way go in see a pub with a good park ask them the book is a rip of i think i still have it ill take it to spring meet any one can have it for 50 pence to club funds tom P/S do notget rip off

Comment

Originally posted by KeithP View Post
                        Here is a website that lists motorhome stopovers for free http://www.fulltiming.org
                        Hi Keith

I followed the link in your post and it is run by a chap named Keith, how strange.

If you are the Keith that runs the site perhaps you'll consider a link back to us on your site.
                        Graham
                        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

very interesting, is there stop over anywhere near or in Nuneaton town center where i can stay for one night this Saturday, or is there anyone on here from Nuneaton who has room on the driveway for one night?

Night owl

Comment

Thanks Graham

Yes it was a shameless plug i admit but reading about the costs that some sites are charging winds me up, that's why i made the site in the first place, hence why i replyed to this thread.

I have linked to this forum, the link can be found here http://www.fulltiming.org/index.php/more-website-links

Sorry i though i had linked to you already!

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by diggdeep View Post
                              hi we paid did not stope a any look in at a lot if u could get in to carparks one in i.o.m they had no carpark u just park on road other we look at no way a wast of money best way go in see a pub with a good park ask them the book is a rip of i think i still have it ill take it to spring meet any one can have it for 50 pence to club funds tom P/S do notget rip off
                              Hi, I am from the Isle of Man so if you need some free stopover locations for the future just message me

Keith

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X