X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

insurance for motorhome used as only vehicle

Hi everyone

I am about to take delivery of my new Vikenze [George], which will be my only vehicle. I expect to use it more as a car than as a motorcaravan. Have been looking around for best insurers - what a difference between the premiums!! But what I am looking for is a company which will give me a courtesy/hire car as part of the deal if the 'van needs repairing ie not just a car to get home if I'm on holiday. Any suggestions welcome!

TG

Hi, I don't know if your post has been missed or just no-one can help but I thought I'd give it a bump for you!! Which companies have you tried?? Just looked via google and Motorhome facts insurance and shield insurance say they offer courtesy cars as part of their policy. Otherwise, perhaps try an insurance broker like campton, to see if they can help?? Maybe save the money that would be put onto your premium and hire a car should your van go in for repairs?? Or maybe the garage doing the repair will have a courtesy car?? Just found EDM in derby offer this service (I've never used them, no idea how good they are, I just found them online).

Hopefully someone else may be able to help.

Ps I saw a Vikenze for the first time the other day, driving through Sheffield, I had to catch it up to see what it was!! Looked great from outside, didn't get to see inside- was doing 30ish mph at the time!!!
    Last edited by glenw; 03-03-2011, 14:10. Reason: Lots of fat finger typo's!!
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Thanks Glen, I've tried most of the obvious ie CC, CCC, Caravan Guard, Safeguard. May have asked the wrong questions of course! I will follow up your suggestions. Yes, I'm very excited about the Vikenze, I went to the NEC last week to look over the demonstration model and it was as good as I had imagined. Hope to take delivery on the 28th and then down to VanBitz the next day for alarm fitting. It will be my first night in a motorhome ever (did all my camping for 20 years in the Girl Guides!). So fingers crossed that it will go well. TG

Comment

Me again!!
        Give these people a call

http://www.campton.co.uk/pages.aspx?...rCaravanScheme

They were really helpful when we used them a year or 2 ago.
        Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

resolved - sort of

Hi again

I gave up on the idea of a courtesy car, I am so close to the main shopping centre that I could manage without I think. Finally went with Caravan Guard, who were very helpful and quick to respond to queries. Thanks for the help!

TG

Comment

I'm with Safeguard, and I'm sure I have the offer of a courtesy car (now off to read small print again!). I asked them to match what I had with my car insurance (I am an 'essential car user' for work), so Safeguard cheerfully insured me to use the van as my work car too.
            Aileen.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X