This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diesel prices and meets 2011

The price of diesel is rising toward £7 gallon and this will affect every business in some way. General camping expenses will rise and many of us will be having second thoughts about our meets this year inc me.

Out of curiousity are you likely to be making less commitments to camping meets in 2011.

Diesel costs, food, site fees, night out costs to the local pub and anything else that takes your cash.

Your thoughts and ideas welcome.

Originally posted by riosromahome View Post
    The price of diesel is rising toward £7 gallon and this will affect every business in some way. General camping expenses will rise and many of us will be having second thoughts about our meets this year inc me.

Out of curiousity are you likely to be making less commitments to camping meets in 2011.

Diesel costs, food, site fees, night out costs to the local pub and anything else that takes your cash.

Your thoughts and ideas welcome.
    Absolutely NOT! The cost of any other form of getting out and staying anywhere is higher.Campervanning is my fun,I will not give up any of it.Site fees vary,some are just a few pounds others more depending on the facilities.
    Sod the cost of diesel,if you are that pressed for cash,buy a tent then you can still get out. GIVE UP --NEVER!
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

I'm a petrol tin tent tugger. I'll be thinking twice about going as far as I used to with my caravan. I went to the Outer Hebrides in my campervan three years ago! I wouldn't contemplate going that far away now.

I shall still go camping, but may not go too far away. I would love to go back to Kintyre with my caravan, but probably won't make it this year due to the petrol costs.

Comment

Already booked and paid for every weekend from end of April until the end of August, so nope its not going to stop me
        A dog is for life, for loving and forever, and x3 is even better :)

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
          Absolutely NOT! The cost of any other form of getting out and staying anywhere is higher.Campervanning is my fun,I will not give up any of it.Site fees vary,some are just a few pounds others more depending on the facilities.
          Sod the cost of diesel,if you are that pressed for cash,buy a tent then you can still get out. GIVE UP --NEVER!
          Have to agree here Ian, love my camping, still very good prices with low and medium season, with age concession, etc etc diesel is high but when you think of other travel costs and what you have with you in a campervan, it's still good value, love it
          Well planned trips to meet up with family and friends are still good value. GIVE UP --- NEVER!!
          Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
          'Live without regrets'

Comment

Don't see us cutting back yet. Hopefully diesel will be a little cheaper in France

Tony Anchorman

Comment

After my first year with the van, I was planning on stepping things up in 2011 and hopefully will stick to that. I think though that I will spend more time on a single site, exploring the area on foot rather than using the van, and will again keep away from the expensive sites.
              Neil

Comment

We have trips booked right through to October almost every weekend. Would be happier if fuel was cheaper of course but won't let it spoil my fun as we use our holiday budget in diesel instead of plane trips! No stopping us.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                  Same here nothing will stop me from traveling, like my weekends away, having said that i have`nt moved the romahome since september, so its due for outing very soon, blow the cobwebs of it, when it gets a bit warmer.

dancer

Comment

I don't think my petrol Tranny comes anywhere close to the MPG you get out of your diesel Romahomes, but I won't be cutting back on my weekends away.

They are my sanity breaks.

Comment

We are going to carry on spending the kids inheritance regardless, you're only here once.
                      Graham
                      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                        We are going to carry on spending the kids inheritance regardless, you're only here once.

Quite right!
                        We are followers of the well known sage and philosopher Superintendent Andy Dalziel (Reginald Hill), his words of wisdom are.......

'If you end up with life left over at the end of your money - the state will take care of you. But if you end up with money left over at the end of your life, you are an idiot!'
                        Last edited by Vanderella; 10-03-2011, 22:27.
                        Mary

Comment

I am now retired but Derek is still working ,so we have income but if we didnt we would still be camping. You have to have some fun in this life, it cant all be graft . Carry on camping folks, your a long time dead.

Comment

Originally posted by dancer View Post
                            Same here nothing will stop me from traveling, like my weekends away, having said that i have`nt moved the romahome since september, so its due for outing very soon, blow the cobwebs of it, when it gets a bit warmer.

dancer
                            Hang your head in shame Dancer, this is cruelty to Romahomes, they like to get out to play VERY regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by dancer View Post

dancer
                              About time,we thought you were hibernating! Now,a while back you said you might come to Beddgelert for a couple of nights? So,how about it?All that mountain air,forest breezes,whispering Pines,smell of Barbq`s. That will blow all cobwebs away.
                              Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X