This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adventure with Rentaromahome

Well I am back from my four day adventure with the rented C15. (As said on another thread Rentaromahome were fantastic). It was to see whether motorhoming was for me. But what about the adventure....

Well it was a very useful exercise and it really made you focus on what is important to you in a motorhome. It has made me really rethink what I am doing.

Firstly loved the fact the motorhome was small and fitted into car parks everywhere. The layout in the C15 was wonderful, a place for everything and everything convenient. Making up the beds was a doddle.. and I loved the way you could make up half at a time so you could have a changing area. The portapotti though does not fit and to find a proper solution to that problem I think you do need a little bit more space! Having a loo at night does avoid that cold visit to the abultions first thing in the morning!

Glad you enjoyed yourself, at least it gives you an idea of camping and driving a small motorhome.

Hopefully we might see you on a meet soon in your own van.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

there is a romahome for sale on this site.A chance to buy a good vehicle privately.Glad you had fun.
      where did you go? what did you do?
      hope we see you soon.
      Ant at Avon Motor Caravans has a good selection of vans and is 100% trustworthy,Freeborn at Southampton are good too. Go and look at a selection and see what you can get for your money
      Ian
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Don't forget that there is aversion on the Berlingo (Outlook or now called R20) that has a toilet under the sink (which lifts up) and this makes the back of the camper into a toilet compartment. It was the deciding factor when we bought ours. The Devon Sunrise based on a Toyota Hiace has a built in toilet as do some of the Leisuredrive conversions.

Comment

Originally posted by peterholden View Post
          The Devon Sunrise based on a Toyota Hiace has a built in toilet as do some of the Leisuredrive conversions.
          Peter - did you ever sit in the driver's seat of the Devon Sunrise? Initially we got all excited and thought we had found the van for us, but on close inspection we found the replacement front seats were very poor quality and not at all comfortable.

Likewise the VWT4s - once again we thought we had found the perfect van at the perfect price, until John sat in the driver's seat of a Bilbo conversion. His head touched the roof because of the height of the replacement seats!

The VWT5 is not quite as bad and Leisuredrive offered to make the seat slightly lower specially to accommodate a driver of John's height.

All part of the joys of searching out the perfect motorhome! Job done, never want to have to go through all that again!
          Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Tentpeg View Post
            The portapotti though does not fit and to find a proper solution to that problem I think you do need a little bit more space! Having a loo at night does avoid that cold visit to the abultions first thing in the morning!
            I bought a luggable loo. It went outside in the day and in the footwell at night! I still have it now I have a caravan, best thing I ever bought. It usually sits in the Movelite awning as I now camp mostly with a friend, so we use the awning and it sits in there behind a shower curtain. A small spash of loo chemical and a bit of water and it's set up for the day. If I'm on my own and not using an awning, I take a toilet tent - it's in there during the day (can't walk too far too many times to the loos) and at night, I bring it inside the back door as I hate having to get up and partly dressed just to go pee first thing!

Next time I go camping (at Beddgelert for a week) I'm going to see if I can pitch the loo tent next to a side of the awning so I have a 'loo and shower annexe'! I probably won't need it at Beddgelert as I'll be on a Forest Holidays site, but later in the year I intend going to a THS where my own loo space will be very necessary as its 'own facilities required'! So I'm going to have a practice while I have the opportunity.

Which reminds me, must sew a skirt around the bottom of afore-mentioned loo tent as it's an old one which has shrunk, so there's a draughty 4" gap at the bottom! (and everyone knows you're in there!)
            Last edited by jayjay; 21-03-2011, 12:37.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X