X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camping in Scotland

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
    ...but later in the year I intend going to a THS where my own loo space will be very necessary as its 'own facilities required'! So I'm going to have a practice while I have the opportunity.
    Are you still thinking of going to the C&CC THS in Scotland in July that you mentioned a while ago?

Which reminds me, must sew a skirt around the bottom of afore-mentioned loo tent as it's an old one which has shrunk, so there's a draughty 4" gap at the bottom! (and everyone knows you're in there!)
    My Outhouse Handi has a small gap all around no matter how well you peg it down, nothing really, but you do become very self-conscious when using it for the shower (er..etc.)
    Neil

Which reminds me, must sew a skirt around the bottom of afore-mentioned loo tent as it's an old one which has shrunk, so there's a draughty 4" gap at the bottom! (and everyone knows you're in there!)
    How about cutting 4" off the poles
    Derek Our Berlingo camping car

Comment

Originally posted by 1_man_and_his_dob(lo) View Post
      Are you still thinking of going to the C&CC THS in Scotland in July that you mentioned a while ago?

My Outhouse Handi has a small gap all around no matter how well you peg it down, nothing really, but you do become very self-conscious when using it for the shower (er..etc.)
      Hi! Yes that's exactly what I'm thinking of doing. I'll maybe do a week there and another week on a campsite with all the mod cons, but maybe not. Linda's keen! I've only ever camped without the mod cons (EHU/loos/showers) for a max four nights, but it's very cheap for July at £6.00 per unit per night - the campsite virtually next door charges around £25-30 in July. I've never been away in high season for this very reason, but £6 a night means I don't have to worry overly about that AND the price of petrol, so I thought I'd give it a go, all being well. Are you coming? It's a lovely area.

Further thoughts on the loo tent, lol Derek, this one is so old, it doesn't have elastic holding the poles together, it has curly wire! Was actually wondering if I could put it up inside the awning, it might be easier! And yes, Neil, you do get self-conscious!
      Last edited by jayjay; 22-03-2011, 10:52.

Comment

Hi! Yes that's exactly what I'm thinking of doing. I'll maybe do a week there and another week on a campsite with all the mod cons, but maybe not. Linda's keen! I've only ever camped without the mod cons (EHU/loos/showers) for a max four nights, but it's very cheap for July at £6.00 per unit per night - the campsite virtually next door charges around £25-30 in July. I've never been away in high season for this very reason, but £6 a night means I don't have to worry overly about that AND the price of petrol, so I thought I'd give it a go, all being well. Are you coming? It's a lovely area.
        Like nearly every other week of the year I should be working, but I would really like to go. Never been to Scotland At the moment I am just going to wait until July and if I can get up there, I'll go. It could be that I get diverted on the way, or I end up staying for a couple of nights and then have to return because I get a call that I can't sort out in the van. The leisure battery won't last more than a few days without a good run, so I might have to throw in some visits to sites with EHU.

If I was a motohoming pro, I'd see all this as a fun challenge
        Neil

Comment

Originally posted by 1_man_and_his_dob(lo) View Post
          Like nearly every other week of the year I should be working, but I would really like to go. Never been to Scotland At the moment I am just going to wait until July and if I can get up there, I'll go. It could be that I get diverted on the way, or I end up staying for a couple of nights and then have to return because I get a call that I can't sort out in the van. The leisure battery won't last more than a few days without a good run, so I might have to throw in some visits to sites with EHU.

If I was a motohoming pro, I'd see all this as a fun challenge
          Perhaps one of those powerpack thingys will help - but where to stow it would be the problem! maybe you should consider biting the bullet and getting a bigger or newer leisure battery as it should last longer than that, I would have thought.

I purposely didn't put in a 12v pump when I had the water tap fitted, but had a gravity fed lever pump instead ( a bit like pulling a pint, LOL!) as I noticed that this was the thing that drained the leisure battery more than anything else. Without EHU I can run the fridge on gas, and only the lights are using the leisure battery and that lasts for at least a week. I have a battery lantern for if the l.battery wears out. Mines only 75amp.

When I had my Roma which did have a 12v water pump, even though it was a larger battery, it gave out after about three days. I made it last for another two days by not using the pump and having a 3 litre water container for water.

You will love Scotland, but be warned - it becomes a necessity/obsession/habit to drive North after only a short while!

Tentpeg, sorry we've hijacked your thread with this subject! Maybe we should start another thread!

Comment

Tentpeg, sorry we've hijacked your thread with this subject! Maybe we should start another thread!
            Hi Jayjay I have split these posts from tentpegs so that you can carry on talking about Scotland in this new thread.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Thanks Graham!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X