This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help

a visitor knocked over my full coffee pot this morning, does anyone know how to get the smell and stain out of the romahome upholstered seat.I dont want to sleep in this pong although I like coffee, and I dont want my bedding stained.
    I have no idea what to do - help please.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

stanins

hi try spraing with vanish stain remover get in a spra at super markets then spray your van with febreze mist and refresh good eny war good look [email protected]

Comment

I am a bit wary about using aerosols as I have enough trouble puffing and panting as it is,but I will go look for these and if it seems ok then I will give it a go.I wondered about carpet cleaner?

You can tell Im useless cant you

Comment

Ian... might be a bit late for this.. but first would absorb as much as you can with kitchen towels using it like blotting paper and avoid rubbing the stain in....

After that pass....

Salt works for wine but not sure what is best for coffee.
        Last edited by Tentpeg; 27-03-2011, 20:56.

Comment

Those two ladies on 'how clean is your house' gave out good advice on how to clean matresses, which basically is what you've got for upholstery.

Take the seat out of the van, put on floor in house.

Get a small bowl of warm water and a bar of soap. Work up a lather with the soap and rub the soap bar over the stain. Use as small amount of water as you can, but rub a fair bit of soap into the stain. Wipe off the soap with clean water using a microfibre cloth, keep going until the fabric no longer feels soapy.

Then (this is the good bit) get a large fluffy towel, put over the damp patch and tread all over it, moving the towel around to absorb the water. Do this several times. Then put out in the sun (if you can) and leave to dry. Or stand up against a radiator. It needs to be dry inside as well as on the surface, so you need to keep checking by pressing into the foam to check whether thats dried out. Keep turing it around so that it dries from the back as well as the front.

I can guarantee this works! Have done it myself on a matress with stains and it works very well. When dry, the smell also disappears!

You might like to tread on it first with an old towel to remove whatever coffee is still lurking inside before you start in with soap and water. It will take a few days to dry out properly as foam retains water.

You might like to get some throws for future trips - you can whip them off quickly when something like this happens and save a lot of hard work!

Good luck Ian!

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
            Those two ladies on 'how clean is your house' gave out good advice on how to clean matresses, which basically is what you've got for upholstery.

Take the seat out of the van, put on floor in house.

Get a small bowl of warm water and a bar of soap. Work up a lather with the soap and rub the soap bar over the stain. Use as small amount of water as you can, but rub a fair bit of soap into the stain. Wipe off the soap with clean water using a microfibre cloth, keep going until the fabric no longer feels soapy.

Then (this is the good bit) get a large fluffy towel, put over the damp patch and tread all over it, moving the towel around to absorb the water. Do this several times. Then put out in the sun (if you can) and leave to dry. Or stand up against a radiator. It needs to be dry inside as well as on the surface, so you need to keep checking by pressing into the foam to check whether thats dried out. Keep turing it around so that it dries from the back as well as the front.

I can guarantee this works! Have done it myself on a matress with stains and it works very well. When dry, the smell also disappears!

You might like to tread on it first with an old towel to remove whatever coffee is still lurking inside before you start in with soap and water. It will take a few days to dry out properly as foam retains water.

You might like to get some throws for future trips - you can whip them off quickly when something like this happens and save a lot of hard work!

Good luck Ian!
            Thankyou Jayjay,
            I will start stamping and dancing tonight! Like a demented mexican dancing on his hat (did they ever really do that do you think?) I will be more careful who I invite for coffee in future
            Its all part of lifes rich texture.
            Ian

Comment

White vinegar works on doggie stains and smells and it fades itself pretty quick

but the Kim and Aggie tricks are the best, there the "How clean is my House" ladies, thats where I got the white vinegar trick from
              A dog is for life, for loving and forever, and x3 is even better :)

Comment

Originally posted by Kipsy View Post
                White vinegar works on doggie stains and smells and it fades itself pretty quick

but the Kim and Aggie tricks are the best, there the "How clean is my House" ladies, thats where I got the white vinegar trick from
                Brilliant, aren't they?

Ian - I can see you doing the Mexican thing in my mind....

Comment

Coffee stains

Hi Ian
                  I know yours happened on uphostery but try this site:-

"http://www.ehow.com/how-a8798-remove-coffee-stains.html"

Pete

Comment

Brilliant, aren't they?

Ian - I can see you doing the Mexican thing in my mind....
                    pretty senhorita,I do as you say,I dance upon the cushion I dance until my maracas can take no more,is good I hope,I dance in bare foots so not to make the dirty,now I have the foots that smell of coffee. Hola Hoy HOy Hey

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                      pretty senhorita,I do as you say,I dance upon the cushion I dance until my maracas can take no more,is good I hope,I dance in bare foots so not to make the dirty,now I have the foots that smell of coffee. Hola Hoy HOy Hey

Thanks for that Ian it gave me a good laugh.

Anyone got any ideas how to get the coffee smell off Ian's feet?
                      Graham
                      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post

did it work though?

Comment

did it work though?
                          no,but it gave me exersize.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X