This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Certificated site fees

am I being just picky here. But went to check out a small certificated camping and caravan site in county Durham with a view to a couple of days away in a few weeks time. My aunt lives nearby so we went for a little drive to find the site. The site could take 7-8 units(all with ehu) 1 toilet, 1 shower. That'll do me I thought just for a couple of days. Made enquiries with warden as to fees. £15 pn. there's just me and my little van(it's £15) I'm a member of the camping and caravan club(it's £15).

Now if I've read the c and cc site guide right it looks to me that I can stay at the Barnard Castle site which wasn't that far away and seems to have a good reputation for £9.05 pn and that's in high season. £15 seemed a bit steep for a certificated site but you're welcome to correct me if I'm wrong

Pam

Originally posted by Pam Park View Post
    am I being just picky here. But went to check out a small certificated camping and caravan site in county Durham with a view to a couple of days away in a few weeks time. My aunt lives nearby so we went for a little drive to find the site. The site could take 7-8 units(all with ehu) 1 toilet, 1 shower. That'll do me I thought just for a couple of days. Made enquiries with warden as to fees. £15 pn. there's just me and my little van(it's £15) I'm a member of the camping and caravan club(it's £15).

Now if I've read the c and cc site guide right it looks to me that I can stay at the Barnard Castle site which wasn't that far away and seems to have a good reputation for £9.05 pn and that's in high season. £15 seemed a bit steep for a certificated site but you're welcome to correct me if I'm wrong

Pam
    Thats a bit steep.I would expect half that. Moreton in Marsh is a top Cotswolds venue,we are going to be there in high season,and we are paying £7.50 per unit per night.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Certificated site fees

I did point out I was a c an cc member but the chap just replied that the site was open to everyone not just c and c members. HUH?

Comment

You can phone head office,he is not playing right,if its a club CS then members get a discount,there is a form in your sites book you can fill in and send to head office,some of these sites are only checked every 5 years and can get away with a lot.
        If he is breaking the rules they will chuck him out.
        You should complain to HQ its part of the way to maintain the quality of the network.

Comment

Certificated site fees

When I checked in this years c and cc site book it stated that to stay at this site was £13 pn. I don't know if these prices are subject to change. I wanted to check what other certificated sites were charging, just to get a comparison but there was no mention in the descriptions of prices.

Pam

Comment

Certificated site fees

When I checked in this years c and cc site book it stated that to stay at this site was £13 pn. I don't know if these prices are subject to change. I wanted to check what other certificated sites were charging, just to get a comparison but there was no mention in the descriptions of prices.

Pam
            Just checked out other certificated sites in Durham and Northumberland price quoted are for 2 adults and 2 children. 1 unit and ehu. they vary from £9-19.The site I visited is classed as members only on the c and cc web page. Obviously no discount of you are by yourself. Now I've booked a few nights at Goswick site not far from Berwick (private site) and when I said I was by myself the price was immediately reduced by £5 pn.
            Pam

Comment

Just checked out other certificated sites in Durham and Northumberland price quoted are for 2 adults and 2 children. 1 unit and ehu. they vary from £9-19.The site I visited is classed as members only on the c and cc web page. Obviously no discount of you are by yourself. Now I've booked a few nights at Goswick site not far from Berwick (private site) and when I said I was by myself the price was immediately reduced by £5 pn.
              Pam
              good,well done,thats what I would expect. Have a nice time.

Comment

I've also found that some CLs can be quite expensive for a solo camper so I always make a point of saying that there's only me and I'm in a tiny van and don't need any facilities. I generally get a reduction on the more informal spots, particularly farms- and making it clear you're paying in cash and don't need any receipt can also help...!

Comment

If that site can take 7 - 8 units then he is breaking the rules of a CS which is only allowed a max 5 caravans or motorhomes.

For £15 per night I'd expect a lot more than 1 loo & shower. I'd expect a proper heated shower/loo block for each sex, a washing up area, and possibly other things such as a laundry room, kid's play area, dog walk area.

Being solo I find the Club sites themselves are very reasonable (esp off season when I get my OAPs discount) and always excellent facilities, so I head for them out of preference if I'm going away on my own.

Having said that, I can't remember when I last went on my own, think it was 2002 when the kids were still quite young! I seem to be away every weekend but always meeting up with one group or another.

Comment

Originally posted by Caz View Post
                    If that site can take 7 - 8 units then he is breaking the rules of a CS which is only allowed a max 5 caravans or motorhomes.

For £15 per night I'd expect a lot more than 1 loo & shower. I'd expect a proper heated shower/loo block for each sex, a washing up area, and possibly other things such as a laundry room, kid's play area, dog walk area.

Being solo I find the Club sites themselves are very reasonable (esp off season when I get my OAPs discount) and always excellent facilities, so I head for them out of preference if I'm going away on my own.

Having said that, I can't remember when I last went on my own, think it was 2002 when the kids were still quite young! I seem to be away every weekend but always meeting up with one group or another.
                    I totally agree Caz (BTW I dont believe you are an OAP) I think £15 is way to much for what is on offer,I think the Club would strike him off the books if notified,they rely on feedback.

Comment

Site fees

that wy wy will ed camp as sites are over the top now for pensoners

Comment

Originally posted by diggdeep View Post
                        that wy wy will ed camp as sites are over the top now for pensoners
                        as discussed in another long thread,although wild camping may be cheap I dont like the restrictions and risk it entails.I will only use campsites,and I must say that very large numbers of pensioners also use sites for the facilities available. If you are disabled the main sites are very good,and the comfort of knowing help is at hand if needed is also a big point, I am told.
                        Low cost rallys are available through several camping groups and the pensioners do not seem detered by price per night.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                          as discussed in another long thread,although wild camping may be cheap I dont like the restrictions and risk it entails.I will only use campsites,and I must say that very large numbers of pensioners also use sites for the facilities available. If you are disabled the main sites are very good,and the comfort of knowing help is at hand if needed is also a big point, I am told.
                          Low cost rallys are available through several camping groups and the pensioners do not seem detered by price per night.
                          we have don it for last 3 years no bother sites u can not park hear only ware they puss u in a corner

Comment

the Barnard Castle site would cost you £9.05 plus £3.55 per night in high season.
                            regards
                            Robin
                            Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X