No announcement yet.

Which style small camper to go for

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

el Kabong- yes that does indeed look very nice. I have heard of Campereve, but I'm not sure where they are based. Do I assume correctly that you are aware of the very big motorhome show coming on 17 - 22 October at the NEC Birmingham? You will see lots of different makes of small motorhomes there.
    The trouble with a hotel is that it tends to stay in one place.

Comment

I think they are actually French but I wont hold that against them...I like France.

Yes I am thinking of going to the show. The problem is Im not spending 350 + hotel to come by ferry..... flights are cheap but my better half has a fear of flying and I dont really want to go on my own. So not sure yet.

The fear of flying is what started the whole campervam thing... and I like driving...

Comment

Ah, a masked vigilante eh!!

We tend to opt for parking further out and walking in if there are height barriers. Lengthwise, our Romahome Duo is 4.75m long and easily fits into most supermarket/street parking spaces and is actually slightly narrower than our Citroen Picasso was. Being white, we think other drivers give us a slightly wider berth when overtaking due to looking a bit wider so it has that advantage too.

We do have the high top so have an enormous amount of space in the overhead luton but then that advantage is lost when parking where there are barriers.

We do also have a designated toilet space under the lift up sink. No shower though.

Comment

We've got a Romahome R30 it's under 5 metres, easy to park in a normal space and has a proper bathroom with cassette toilet and shower, it won't go under height barriers though.

Here's my video

Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

You can also shop online at our Accessories Store

Comment

Originally posted by SandraM View Post
            Ah, a masked vigilante eh!!

We tend to opt for parking further out and walking in if there are height barriers. Lengthwise, our Romahome Duo is 4.75m long and easily fits into most supermarket/street parking spaces and is actually slightly narrower than our Citroen Picasso was. Being white, we think other drivers give us a slightly wider berth when overtaking due to looking a bit wider so it has that advantage too.

We do have the high top so have an enormous amount of space in the overhead luton but then that advantage is lost when parking where there are barriers.

We do also have a designated toilet space under the lift up sink. No shower though.
            Do any of the pop tops have a proper electric flush toilet? That would be very nice.

Comment

Thats actually really nice Graham. If i went for a van i would like that.

Comment

Where are you elkabong? That ferry fee sounds similar to Isle of Man, or is it Jersey / Guernsey / Sark (probably not Sark, they don't like vehicles there do they?)

Comment

Near Dublin.

Comment

Ah. That explains it. I hope you can come over to one of our meets in whatever you get. Good luck.
                    Thinking about it, you could fly over on your own to the NEC and do a deal. I'll forward you a photo of a poster behind the sales desk of my local motorbike dealer. It reads "Your wife called. She says it is OK to buy it".

Comment

I have a VW T4 based Autosleeper Trooper. It has a pop top. It still won't go under most height barriers, but at 4.8 metres it fits in any car parking space. This morning I parallel parked it into a space on a busy street in town..

It has a huge fresh water tank - 70 litres. (My previous van was a coachbuilt - Swift Sundance and had a small fresh water tank, about 35 litres so only half the size.( It's a bit of a waste as it doesn't have hot water, shower or flushable toilet so lasts months.

Comment

Is there an easy reference for the Hylo configurations by van base type and also the dimensions?

Im wondering about the dimensions if the Dispatch versions and if they are longer and taller.

Also interested in toilet layouts and ease of use.

Thanks!

Comment

Have you seen the new venture for sale on this site? It has a cassette toilet in a washroom.
                          http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/2004...motorhome.html

Todds website shows dimensions of the vans they have in stock and has online broshures with info that may be of help,

http://www.toddsmotorhomes.co.uk/mot...ture/index.asp

http://www.toddsmotorhomes.co.uk/motorhomes/search.asp

Comment

Well I have booked flights for myself and my wife to come over to the NEC in October! Very exciting. If she has a panic attack and wont fly then I will have to leave her behind!!

We are mostly interested in the R20 Hylo but not sure if they will have any there.

Comment

Have you been before? If not, don't go on the weekend, its so crowded you can't see the carpet. First get a map of the layout and mark the places you are interested in. Don't buy any saucepans, carrot shredders or things that make your camper go faster, they are all things you will regret later. Talk to some salesmen nicely, croaking a bit and clearing your throat and they will offer you a free coffee. Otherwise you will need a bank overdraft to afford one. Get there early, leave after the 'we are closing now' announcement.

Comment

Im actually heading on the Friday so should be OK. Flying Ryanair so not making any purchases!

Making a weekend of it and renting a car that evening to go to another event on Sat in London.

Was trying to also go to the vintage watch fair at the motorbike museum in Birmingham on the Sunday but it would be too expensive with extra hotels and car hire.

Really just want to see small vans!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only

Collapse

320x50 mobile only under posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X