This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agricultural Parking Regulations

Have you had the new information about registering with agricultural parking regulations?

It is a new European directive which sets out new rules for motorhome and caravan parking. Similar to road tax, we will have to register with APR (Agricultural Parking Regulations)

Having had a look through the forms it looks like small motorhomes are classed as car use, however there are still documents to fill in.

There is a subsection for very small vans, one for medium size and one for large.

Small you need to complete subsection (01)
    Medium it is subsection (04)
    Large subsection (11)

The main things needed are the weight of the people using the van, this is so that they can calculate the weight/mass effect on soil and substructure because apparently as people camp they think it has an adverse effect and there might be need for charges, similar to council tax based on the numbers of people camping.

To find your calculation, (basically what you will pay for your annual tax), take the weight of each person, multiply it by their height take off 10% for clothing and then multiply by:

£1.25 for child
    £1.50 for teenager
    £1.75 for adult

This will be your basic tax for APR

Then complete these other sections if you have other equipment such as Gazebo's, barbeques etc. or pets and add them on as supplementary tax:

(I) If you use Gazebos with metal pegs - 50p
    (L) If you use Gazebos with plastic pegs - 30p (this is because plastic has a lower detrimental effect on soil)
    (F) For 1 small dog or cat (£1.00)
    (O) For 2 small dogs or cats (£2.00)
    or for large dogs or several cats (O-L) will allow for 2 large dogs or 4 cats (£5.00)

Once you have done your calculation it will stand for a full 5 years from today's date.

Hope that helps.

Nice one Pauline

Comment

Parking

Many thanks Paulin, i think we shall get one, dos it cover Europe?
      Originally posted by Pauline View Post
      Have you had the new information about registering with agricultural parking regulations?

It is a new European directive which sets out new rules for motorhome and caravan parking. Similar to road tax, we will have to register with APR (Agricultural Parking Regulations)

Having had a look through the forms it looks like small motorhomes are classed as car use, however there are still documents to fill in.

There is a subsection for very small vans, one for medium size and one for large.

Small you need to complete subsection (01)
      Medium it is subsection (04)
      Large subsection (11)

The main things needed are the weight of the people using the van, this is so that they can calculate the weight/mass effect on soil and substructure because apparently as people camp they think it has an adverse effect and there might be need for charges, similar to council tax based on the numbers of people camping.

To find your calculation, (basically what you will pay for your annual tax), take the weight of each person, multiply it by their height take off 10% for clothing and then multiply by:

£1.25 for child
      £1.50 for teenager
      £1.75 for adult

This will be your basic tax for APR

Then complete these other sections if you have other equipment such as Gazebo's, barbeques etc. or pets and add them on as supplementary tax:

(I) If you use Gazebos with metal pegs - 50p
      (L) If you use Gazebos with plastic pegs - 30p (this is because plastic has a lower detrimental effect on soil)
      (F) For 1 small dog or cat (£1.00)
      (O) For 2 small dogs or cats (£2.00)
      or for large dogs or several cats (O-L) will allow for 2 large dogs or 4 cats (£5.00)

Once you have done your calculation it will stand for a full 5 years from today's date.

Hope that helps.
      Roger Green.Roger Green.

Comment

Is there a rebate if you only camp on granite? Does it apply to car parks in agricultural areas? What if I jacked the van up? I'm beginning to get very concerned about this, perhaps we should start a petition

Comment

Is it a coincidence they brought it out on April 1st (which incidently coincides with the subsection numbers!)

nice one

Comment

And what about pet rabbitsWill they cost more? They can have a really detrimental effect on the substructure!! (let alone what they can get up to above ground). And what if a visiting animal comes, we had a field mouse that moved into our awning once- would he count as a resident? We had some ducks too at another time, but that was in Amsterdam, so maybe they're exempt. Perhaps we'd better just tidy up the awning

Comment

Good one Pauline....

p.s. hope you don't mind me cross posting, I am sure all the agility folk who actually camp in agricultural land need to know immediately
              Last edited by Kipsy; 01-04-2011, 08:19.
              A dog is for life, for loving and forever, and x3 is even better :)

Comment

What about solo users? Do they get a rebate? Are there spot checks? I only ask as my dog weighs 40kgs so I'm either going to have to starve him or take the risk of not declaring him.

Comment

No mention of discounts for Senior Citizens, Students ...............
                  Mary

Comment

When I first read this my immediate thought was what about my new R20 that I am picking up soon, then I remembered APRIL FOOL very good

Comment

Well done Pauline. First one I have spotted unless the 12p a litre one in the mail was also an April fool.

Comment

Hope you all had a fun day

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline View Post
                          Hope you all had a fun day

Full marks for your April fool jokes. Last years was a classic and had me fooled when I read it first time, then realised what date it was. I was wary this time but very well done
                          Jessie

Comment

Originally posted by jessiem View Post
                            Full marks for your April fool jokes. Last years was a classic and had me fooled when I read it first time, then realised what date it was. I was wary this time but very well done

Thanks Jessie, I hope everyone else realises by now that this thread was just our little joke for April Fools Day. I will lock this thread so that it doesn't keep coming to the top, don't want to frighten people.
                            Graham
                            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X