As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tunnel Changes

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tunnel Changes

Just settling in at a site just outside Honfleur, La Briquerrie at Equemauville.
    The sun is out, the wine is in the glass, bliss!! Just opened day one, very quiet, free wi-fi, 15 Euros a night.
    Apparently on the return on the shuttle, changed method, you go through Border Control before you do anything else? Allowing more time to shop in Duty Free? Find out Monday on the way back.

Tony Anchorman
    Last edited by anchorman; 02-04-2011, 09:23.

Originally posted by anchorman View Post
    Just settling in at a site just outside Honfleur, La Briquerrie at Equemauville.
    The sun is out, the wine is in the glass, bliss!! Just opened day one, very quiet, free wi-fi, 15 Euros a night.
    Apparently on the return on the shuttle, changed method, you go through Border Control before you do anything else? Allowing more time to shop in Duty Free? Find out Monday on the way back.

Tony Anchorman
    Very interesting. We have friends with a house in Honfleur but never actually been there. Would love to try it. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip.......
    Last edited by Vanderella; 02-04-2011, 10:28.
    Mary

Comment

Honfleur is lovely, I am really jealous Tony, have a great break.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hope you are both having a good time and the weather is being kind - Manchester has lived up to it's reputation today - rain. Looking forward to hearing about the new site, sounds nice, hope it's dog friendly so that we can try it out in June

Comment

Just back from trip.
          Not sure about dogs Yvonne, but definitely allowed in the site on the way back, Chateau de Drancourt in the Somme region. Guy next to us had 2 dogs with him. Hope the toilet block in the picture of the site at La Briquerie is a work in progress as the men's urinal is open to the elements!(far left of picture)
          We arrived back a couple of hours early at the Shuttle but unusually wasn't allowed onto an earlier one. This must be the new Policy, Border control first then plenty of time to spend your cash at the shops!
          Couldn't resist the pic of the van.

Mary,
          Honfleur is a wonderful place, we decided to walk from the campsite into the Saturday Market about 1.5 miles but consequently, I got us lost and ending up walking miles back! (all because I fancied a Maccas way the other side of town)

Tony Anchorman
          Attached Files
          Last edited by anchorman; 04-04-2011, 16:18.

Comment

Hope the toilet block in the picture of the site at La Briquerie is a work in progress as the men's urinal is open to the elements!(far left of picture)
            We've been on sites with urinals like that, it is most embarrasing to have people walking past while you are having a wee.

The French don't seem to care. I was once in a urinal in Paris when a lot of school boys on a school trip came in, when they had all left a female teacher came walking in looking for Jean Pierre who had apparently gone missing. She didn't bat an eyelid at me standing there at the urinal.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

I can always remember my first trip to France, early 70's, my mum, dad, myself and three brothers.

Dad and brothers were all in a public urinal, in the street. It was a bit like a bus shelter with metal sides and all you could see was their heads above and feet below. My mum took a picture and we laughed for days!

Wish I still had the picture now

Meow is the time to chill with my cat =^..^=

Comment

Must be addicted to La Briquerrie, back here again for a couple of nights. Hope the weather at home is as good. Trying to visit the Standing Stones at Carnac later during Easter.
                Definitely open urinals here Pauline, won't be using them then.

Tony Anchorman

Comment

Must be addicted to La Briquerrie, back here again for a couple of nights. Hope the weather at home is as good. Trying to visit the Standing Stones at Carnac later during Easter.
                  Definitely open urinals here Pauline, won't be using them then.

Tony Anchorman
                  Carnac is fantastic,bigger than anything elsewhere,buy an english guide book it is not labelled and is in three sections.
                  mind blowing
                  Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X