As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ferry prices to Isle of Wright

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Ferry prices to Isle of Wright

    We really fancied going to Romahome birthplace this year but the ferry fares seem very expensive. Anyone know about cheaper rates ?

    #2
    Originally posted by pendel View Post
    We really fancied going to Romahome birthplace this year but the ferry fares seem very expensive. Anyone know about cheaper rates ?
    when the romaclub met on the IofW last year the campsite had a special rate which included a discounted ferry fee.I suggest you contact the site,we were at the Orchards site,very good site.

    Ian
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

    Comment


      #3
      There is a 5 night camping offer on the Red Funnel Web Site

      Comment


        #4
        price

        hi we hade a 2 night 3 day tryp over it cost os £59 pounds in mmm they doing a week with camping for some ware in the £100 mark

        Comment


          #5
          Thank you all. I will look into it.

          Comment


            #6
            Hi there,

            The prices do vary considerable. It's worth going at off peak times to get a good deal, and it's always less out of the main holiday periods. Look on the ferries web pages for deals (Wightlink and Red Funnel).

            If you shop at Tesco, you can exchange £10 of club card points for £30 to use on Wightlink. As we live on the Island, it's worth while using them on the ferries so we can go 'abroad' to the North Island more often!!

            Hope you make it over here. It's a beautiful place and far from the noise and bustle of the mainland, and yet so easy to get to.

            Mary
            :sunshine:

            Comment


              #7
              Thanks Annie. I have a few tesco vouchers but not many as we dont have one near us ........yet.

              Comment


                #8
                Unfortunately, I learned of the Tesco voucher scheme too late for my crossing to the Romahome rally mentioned above.
                I clicked onto this thread to mention it. Then I found it had already been mentioned.
                The saving would have been enough to keep me in petrol while on the island.
                Someone did tell me once that mile for mile it is the most expensive ferry passage in the World. I can well believe it!
                Jim.
                Last edited by Twolitre; 24-05-2013, 08:34.
                Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Fortuitous for us that this thread has been resurrected! Our clubcard vouchers landed on the mat the other day and we had already decided to exchange them for vouchers we could use on our main holiday to the New Forest in August, now I think we will use them to discount the ferry for a day trip to the isle of Wight, excellent!
                  Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    While on the I.O.W. I was tempted to ride the hovercraft back to Portsmouth to visit the Dockyard (Victory etc.).
                    The fare on that was very reasonable. Unless you wish to drive around on the I.O.W. it could be worth considering a day ticket on a foot ferry.
                    There are quite a few from Hythe and other places. Also a very antiquated and interesting (optional) railway ride along the pier at Hythe
                    Jim.
                    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
                      While on the I.O.W. I was tempted to ride the hovercraft back to Portsmouth to visit the Dockyard (Victory etc.).
                      The fare on that was very reasonable. Unless you wish to drive around on the I.O.W. it could be worth considering a day ticket on a foot ferry.
                      There are quite a few from Hythe and other places. Also a very antiquated and interesting (optional) railway ride along the pier at Hythe
                      Jim.
                      We will be going across on foot from Lymington, we did it a couple of years ago when we last holidayed in the New Forest and then bought a day rover bus ticket on the island. Makes for a great day out.
                      Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        We are going the third week in June using our Tesco tokens. Return ferry cost £95. £5 cash and the rest tokens but £4 is because you have to make the original reservation by phone and they charge £4 for that service.

                        Peter

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by peterholden View Post
                          We are going the third week in June using our Tesco tokens. Return ferry cost £95. £5 cash and the rest tokens but £4 is because you have to make the original reservation by phone and they charge £4 for that service.

                          Peter
                          Stuff like that makes me really angry
                          Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            hi prices

                            it not only the i.o.w ferry that rip u of try the west isles some of the prices are a way out it was a once in a life time for ose diggdeep

                            Comment


                              #15
                              We were regular visitors to the Island using Tesco vouchers for the ferry. Having put the van on site, usually for three or four weeks, we would get around on the bus, using our bus passes. Very economical!
                              I am going on Sunday but on a coach trip now.

                              Comment

                              320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

                              Collapse

                              728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X