This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Trackable Geocache Find!

My son and grandsons have just made their first ever 'trackable' find - Muffin, a ‘travelbug’ , his code is QYCMKA. (A Travel Bug is a Trackable that moves from place to place, picking up stories along the way.)

If you go to the geocache website you can search for him and see his story, he started out in Florida USA, has been to south Africa.

They are up in the Lake District and dont have much of an internet connection at the moment but will be recording everything as soon as they can. We are meeting up with them all at Buttermere at the end of the week.
    Mary

Congratulations from us! As letterboxers we can appreciate how exciting the find must have been!

Andrew & Sally

Comment

When we next meet,you can explain to me what on earth you are talking about!
      this is all greek to me.
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
        When we next meet,you can explain to me what on earth you are talking about!
        this is all greek to me.
        Its all writ out for you! Link
        Mary

Comment

Thanks, Vanderella. Like Ian I hadn't a clue about geocaching although I've seen it mentioned several times.

It sounds like a very sophisticated treasure hunt making use of current technology, I wonder who devised the game. If I was a few years younger it's the sort of thing I would have joined in but wandering around large fields is too much for the old hip these days.

Comment

It worked quite well when walking around Buttermere - those of younger years and more nimble legs were able to leap up and down the hillside making discoveries while those of more advanced years ambled on happily around the lake, or paused a while to enjoy the view!
            Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Vanderella View Post
              It worked quite well when walking around Buttermere - those of younger years and more nimble legs were able to leap up and down the hillside making discoveries while those of more advanced years ambled on happily around the lake, or paused a while to enjoy the view!
              In my professional life we have a saying "the horses of ideas race on,while the asses of progress amble slowly behind".

Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by ian stockley View Post
                in my professional life we have a saying "the horses of ideas race on,while the asses of progress amble slowly behind".

Just a thought.

are you calling me an ass???
                Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Vanderella View Post

are you calling me an ass???
                  absolutely not(sigh) somedays i cant say anything right

Comment

OK..............still friends
                    Mary

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X