As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Checking in again (and selling an awning)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking in again (and selling an awning)

Hello everyone - it's been a while since I visited. After changing from a Dimension (loved it) to a folding caravan (loved that as well) we decided to go really mad, use the children's inheritance (let them work for their money ) and buy a place in Brittany. Here it is:

However, we don't intend giving up on the camping life - I've now bought a humble tent and we hope to visit places throughout France using the house as a base. So, hopefully, having the tent still qualifies me to come here.

I have an ulterior motive at the moment - I'm selling the movelite awning that I used with both the Dimension and the Gobur caravan. It's listed on the For Sale board here:

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/foru...ead.php?t=2562

Doug

Hi Doug

You lucky old thing, your kid's inheritance looks to have been well spent, the house looks lovely, big enough for a few vans in the garden I reckon.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

The photos a bit of a cheat - the "garden" is actually a lane (doesn't go anywhere except to a little pond). However, plenty of room round the back for some tents and I daresay we could find room round about for a van or two....

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by snobbyafghan View Post
        The photos a bit of a cheat - the "garden" is actually a lane (doesn't go anywhere except to a little pond). However, plenty of room round the back for some tents and I daresay we could find room round about for a van or two....
        Right that's next year's Small Motorhome Meet sorted then.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Whe eee heyyyy! That looks superb and I don't blame you one little bit for spending the kids inheritance.

Brittany is a place I would really like to visit, it looked lovely on 'Coast' only last week...... So when you get the B&B set up, I'll be right over!

Comment

Graham and Jayjay

We are very pleased with the place. It's in the middle of nowhere between Guingan and Corlay. About an hour from the North coast.

It was previously owned by a British couple - he was an electrician and has replaced most of the sockets with UK, 3-pin sockets.

The plan is to spend most of the summer there (although I''ll be working - Celia has got a chain to keep me on the computer..

Anyway, your posts make me wonder if there's the possibility of a career in the B&B business...!

Doug

Comment

If you have a spare room I would go for it. The fact that its in a quiet area will be a godsend for people who yearn for peace & quiet. If there are pretty scenic views then that will appeal to artists . Good luck with it. It looks lovely. I hope you will keep a diary of your time there & your trips away. You never know, it could be the making of a best seller.

Comment

Originally posted by pendel View Post
                I hope you will keep a diary of your time there & your trips away. You never know, it could be the making of a best seller.
                Pendel

He, he - I've got a feelng it's been done before but not a bad idea. I think Celia kept a little record when we were there a couple of weeks ago but it was mainly about what we had to eat...

There is a spare room but it seems to have been booked by relatives already -amazing how many relatives you suddenly find you've got.

We're booked to go next Monday until mid-July, then back for 10 days to catch up on work that has to be done here then back until September.

This little house was one of those dreams that is so easy to put off so we just decided it's now or never (we ain't getting any younger), let's be completely financially irresposible and go for it. We'll see how it goes.

If there is any interest in me posting about our time occasionally, I'd be happy to but it's not strictly camping related so I don't know what der Fuehrer (Graham ) may think.

Anyway, as a taster, here's a pic of the little lake (l'etangneuf) near the village:

And the nearest beach, about an hour away:

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by snobbyafghan View Post
                  If there is any interest in me posting about our time occasionally, I'd be happy to but it's not strictly camping related so I don't know what der Fuehrer (Graham ) may think.

Der Fuehrer he says ....Ja.

You can post what you like on here as long as it's in the appropriate section and doesn't break forum rules, i.e. if it's not camping related just post in the lounge.

Look forward to being green with envy reading about your exploits.
                  Graham

Comment

Doug

We spent about 2 years looking at properties in France from the Limousin up to Normandy and saw all sorts of property, from termite-infested to some really nice places, learning all about taxe fonciere and taxe d'habitation, but as the prices started going up we missed the boat.
                    So we did the second best thing and bought a new Romy and now tour France instead. Ironically, we still look at property when we get a chance whilst in France, and who knows?
                    Good luck with your purchase.:so happy:

Tony Anchorman
                    Last edited by anchorman; 04-05-2011, 14:21.

Comment

Originally posted by anchorman View Post
                      Doug

We spent about 2 years looking at properties in France from the Limousin up to Normandy and saw all sorts of property, from termite-infested to some really nice places, learning all about taxe fonciere and taxe d'habitation, but as the prices started going up we missed the boat.
                      So we did the second best thing and bought a new Romy and now tour France instead. Ironically, we still look at property when we get a chance whilst in France, and who knows?
                      Good luck with your purchase.:so happy:

Tony Anchorman
                      We were the same then, last September, we went for a week purely to look at houses/cottages. It began to look as though our price range was limited to what the estate agents called "projects". I'm not a diy man so projects don't interest me. We saw some really crummy places and a couple of reasonable ones. The last one we looked was in a different class and it's the one we bought. I guess the motto is to keep looking - you never know.

You'll have great fun on your tours and there are pros and cons between having a house and being "on the road". If we're ever on the same site, I'll be in a tent so you'll be Mr Superior...

Doug

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X