This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camping with a 2 year old

We are off this weekend and taking our 2 year old grandson, he has been getting excited about it.

Pauline told him he would be sleeping in Granny and Grandad's 'special tent' and he said "No, it's an awning" - great to be corrected by a 2 year old!
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Have a great time! It sounds like it's going to be a fun weekend!

Comment

So the dumbing down doesn't come from the younger generations then?

Comment

aren't kids minds just great!!

My niece asked her mummy and big brother if they could go and play a game of grasshopper earlier this week, they had no idea what she meant until she went and got the CRICKET bat and ball:so happy:

My dad's favourite story of me as a toddler was when I was about 2 and we were walking in our local woods. I pointed at a tree trunk and said "woof".It took a good few minutes for him to work out I meant BARK!!!
        Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

My mother pointed to a passing a horse and said to my then 2 year old son, "look Matthew, it's a gee gee." He replied,looking at her as though she was completely dense and in great need of his pity, "No, Nanna, it's a horse."

Comment

My best advice for camping with a 2 year old is DON'T

My 2nd best advice is use a cage ... I can lend you one big enough if you want

My 3rd best advice is collar and leash, then at least you won't loose them unless you want to
            A dog is for life, for loving and forever, and x3 is even better :)

Comment

Originally posted by Kipsy View Post
              My best advice for camping with a 2 year old is DON'T

My 2nd best advice is use a cage ... I can lend you one big enough if you want

My 3rd best advice is collar and leash, then at least you won't loose them unless you want to
              Actually our little 2 year old was very good and he enjoyed it immensely, the weather was really good, we went to Sandringham C&CC site, a lovely parkland setting but it could do with some rain for the grass.

The only problem was he was sleeping the awning with Mum & Dad (knowitallson) and he was up with the larks about 6am and letting the whole campsite know. I would have been worried about our near neighbours but for the fact they were a group of Eriba owners who sat up till late drinking and chatting with all the associated loud laughter etc. so it served them right when George woke them up at 6am.

Graham
              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Serves them right!

Glad you all had a good time! We've had thunderstorms every day over the weekend as well as today with heavy rain at times.

I've bought Morgan a raincoat! LOL!

Comment

George enjoying his tea,

Graham

Comment

Ahhhh - lovely photos, George makes your awning look so huge!
                    Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Vanderella View Post

It is quite big, it's an Movelite XL Family. With two bedroom compartments on the side, great for family camping, we got it off ebay, only used once a bargain.
                      Graham

Comment

Originally posted by Vanderella View Post
                        or is it a tiny awning and a huge George

Comment

It looks as if the Dimension would almost fit inside it!
                          Mary

Comment

Now I know all 2 years old are the same... Pearl my youngest dog is 2.5 and she gets up at between 5:30 am and 6 am I think her and George have been talking to each other... and George is as cute as Pearl but even with Pearl I can't put her in a cage as she barks too much and wakes the whole site up.. you got too love the 2 year olds :so happy::so happy:
                            A dog is for life, for loving and forever, and x3 is even better :)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X