Led Lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Led Lights

I know its been on here before but to save trawling though the old posts: Is there a direct replacement tube that fits the interior lights but are LEDs.

Its Not for the Camper, I have already replaced them, its for Emergency Lights we have at home!
    We live out in the "sticks" and the power cables supplying the houses are all on overhead poles and in bad weather power cuts can be quite often, so i have fitted the emergency exit type lights in a few strategic places around our bungalow so as soon as the power goes off they light up and give a little illumination to find your way around safely.

They use the same type double ended (2 pin) florescent tubes that fit in the camper lights ut the batteries in the fitting dont last long, so i thought I would change them to LEDs but the control gear inside doesn't look so easy to strip out as in the camper lights, so i seem to remember a discussion on here where direct replacement LED tubes were available, with no alteration to the unit itself.

Is there No One out there ?

Comment

receiving loud and clear DD ! mind you I'm no help. sorry.

Comment

Thought i might have heard some words of wisdom by now ?

The Post has been up since Sunday !

Comment

Pete I don't think it is possible. The problem being the control gear for a 12v Neon Strip "converts" the 12v dc to being an AC current - and an inbuilt "starter" to "fire.

I think inside your lights - there will not only be this circuit but an additional battery charger circuit. Normally I am gung-ho go for it, but in this case I am very cautious, without having the complete thing in front of me I pass on giving any advise
          Jon
          Amor omnia vincit et nos cedamus amori
          https://smallromahome2oldies1largedog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I have seen direct replacement tubes advertised but only in larger sizes. Faced with the same problem I bought a couple of complete fittings off eBay. Not expensive and easy to fit.
            The ones i got were a bit to cold for my taste.
            Something like these
            Great lighting / decoration within 12V of the vehicle inside or outside. Power 4.5W, durable, low power consumption. Light Colour: White. Perfect Size: Light Treaty 34.5cm (L) X 3cm (W) X 3.5cm (H). | eBay!
            "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate"

Comment

It looks like i might have to strip one down and see whats possible, as i need the automatic switch over with battery back up !

Comment

As you say you can strip the tube and the innerards out of the old light fitting and fit leds

(https://www.amazon.co.uk/ask/questio...ask_atf_aqp_dp)

to the old housing and solder in a new 12v dc supply. Does that make sense? It what i planned to do with mine but never got around to it. Scudo camper did it to his.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sodr6Z5UsGI

Comment

Its simple in the camper, you just take out the innards that power the florescent tube and connect the incoming 12v supply directly to the led lights via the switch.

But my Emergency lights at home have a built in 12v batter that is constantly on charge until there is a power cut at which point the 12v florescent tube automatically lights up on battery power. Once the mains power is restored the 12v light goes out and the battery is being charged again !

Comment

Just Popped the cover off and there is a printed circuit board that seems to do everything, so its probably easier to see if they do a replacement light unit with LED's rather that trying to convert them !
                    Attached Files

Comment

I didn't read your initial post carefully enough. CoincidentalyI just got my regular email from CPC with theses on special offer,
                      Is this the sort of thing you need.
                      Last edited by jondxxx; 16-04-2018, 05:56 PM.

Comment

That link wasn't quite what I intended but scroll down to weekly deals and there is an LED emergency bulkhead light.

Comment

ah i didnt read the "for home" part. Too keen i was.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X