This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Campsite Review - Ullapool, Scotland

I have just added a new campsite review to the website.

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/Camp...lrossshir.html

Thank you to Paul for submitting this review, if you would like to submit a review of your favourite campsite, you can submit it HERE.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

A good review, Paul.

I stayed there just overnight whilst waiting for the ferry from Ullpool to the Outer Hebrides. Lovely location and nice dog walking area too, although there is no beach as such at that end of the village. Stunning views! Also plenty to do in the town!

Just thought I'd add it was very hard to pitch our awning as although it looks like grass, it doesn't go down very deep - rock pegs would be a good idea if taking an awning.

Comment

We stayed there last year too after catching the ferry back from the Outer Hebrides. It's in a great spot. The only downside was that we parked on the water edge and then other campers sited themselves right next to us on either side. They have signs up about a 5m rule, but it didn't appear to be adhered to at all.
      As we were only there for a night we said nothing, which I was very glad of. I left my keys in the on position in the cab overnight with the fridge button on (I had been listening to the radio after a pleasant glass of wine or two in the town). Next morning, the battery was as dead as anything. As it happened our lovely neighbours only had to move their car about four feet to give me a jump start!

Comment

Originally posted by Aileen View Post
        We stayed there last year too after catching the ferry back from the Outer Hebrides. It's in a great spot. The only downside was that we parked on the water edge and then other campers sited themselves right next to us on either side. They have signs up about a 5m rule, but it didn't appear to be adhered to at all.
        As we were only there for a night we said nothing, which I was very glad of. I left my keys in the on position in the cab overnight with the fridge button on (I had been listening to the radio after a pleasant glass of wine or two in the town). Next morning, the battery was as dead as anything. As it happened our lovely neighbours only had to move their car about four feet to give me a jump start!
        Sorry to hear you had trouble - A radio will flatten a car battery overnight, and a fridge switched to 12v will flatten it in a few hours! Do you have a three way - if so, use it on gas next time, and get yourself a separate battery operated radio!

Comment

Oh, I meant to Jayjay. Normal senses had been slightly dulled by the wine! It should have been on the gas, but we overlooked that in our haste to admire the view and wander round the town. The radio goes to eco mode after half an hour anyway, so I suspect in my relaxed state I equated radio off with keys removed.
          It is a beautiful spot, and we had a great holiday. I've just realised it's exactly a year since we headed for Oban for the start of our little adventure. Unfortunately we're not having a Scottish trip this year as my sister and family are coming from Melbourne to stay for a month, so little breaks a little closer to home.
          I feel all nostalgic now!
          Aileen

Comment

That wine must have been a good vintage! LOL!!

I'm nostalgic for the islands myself and would love to go back there one day.

Might go up to a THS in Sandhead, D&G in July. All depends on whether I have the money for the petrol!

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
              Just thought I'd add it was very hard to pitch our awning as although it looks like grass, it doesn't go down very deep - rock pegs would be a good idea if taking an awning.
              I usually lay out a rectangle of bright yellow cord to mark my spot when away for the day, and ran over and broke two plastic pegs when coming back on to the site late in the evening. So we ended up buying some rock pegs while we were there! I should have mentioned the brilliant diy/camping equipment/outdoor shop near the ferry terminal...

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X