This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Naked Truth

In our search for sites with a swimming pool, it has come to my attention that (outside of seaside resort sites) most sites with pools are naturist sites! I did go and have a look on their websites to see if there was a 'clothed' option or an 'ok you can get away with a skimpy tee shirt and some small knicks' option but it isn't clear. Anyway, Aud was at the back of me going saying firmly,

"!!WE ARE NOT GOING TO A NATURIST SITE!!WE ARE NOT GOING TO A NATURIST SITE!!WE ARE NOT GOING TO A NATURIST SITE!!"

I'm saying to her I was only looking to see what was what. I think the idea of being dragged away in the Romahome to a site full of naked people was more than she could even bear (tee hee) to contemplate!

Is anyone brave enough to tell us their experiences at a naturist site (or maybe you have a friend who vistied one ) ?

BA

No - cannot help at all with this one. But in the interest of research, perhaps you should check out a few sites and report back to us, complete with detailed photos.
    Mary

Comment

naturist sites

been ex naturis nothing beter than geting all of the sun on your back they are a good place to go and are cheap to stae at as some of the caravan site are geting to dear £20 to £25 for on night we willed camp now as much as we can all the best to u all diggdeep p/s the resone we cam out of naturis life still wife hade bol cancer

Comment

Glad to hear you are still getting out and about in the van, Diggdeep! I'm sorry your wife has been ill and hope she is getting along alright at the moment.

On the naturist sites, does everyone have to go without clothes or do some people keep them on? The other question is about why naturist sites always seem to have a pool. Do you know?

Thanks for your reply,

Barbara Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Ewig View Post
          Glad to hear you are still getting out and about in the van, Diggdeep! I'm sorry your wife has been ill and hope she is getting along alright at the moment.

On the naturist sites, does everyone have to go without clothes or do some people keep them on? The other question is about why naturist sites always seem to have a pool. Do you know?

Thanks for your reply,

Barbara Anne
          a lot of clubes are tollent with clothes but in pool all off we are all made the same fat ones thin ones u do not tack eny notis of others u just get on with life plu a lot have a bar for drinks have u priced caravan sites up with a pool as on in devon with all club house pool £80 per night we been asked £25 plus pay for dog as well u can e.mail ose on [email protected]

Comment

I don't know if anyone has asked you this question, but if you like swimming pools, why not just go and stay on a campsite near to a village/town swimming pool? Like staying in Harlech and using the local pool for eg. Or Bala and Bala town leisure centre pool...

It would certainly cost less to stay on a site near enough to go to a local pool, rather than staying on a site with one, they all seem very expensive to me, and you're still paying for the use of the pool (plus childrens entertainment, bar, etc if they have those as well).

Comment

Thanks Diggdeep and Jay Jay! The sea side caravan resorts with pools are ok. We are paying £24 for four nights in Norfolk next week in one of the Parks Resorts (with pool - no charge)

The joy of having a pool on site is that about being able to walk around the site without being too dressed up or having to move the van at all to get to one and there is no extra costs for the sites I usually choose. I was hoping to get somewhere nearer home, in the country and with a pool. The one that used to have one near Shrewsbury doesn't have the pool anymore

We have a pool at the hospital I work at for the children we care for but they are looking at closing it down too. It costs a lot to run too

Barbara Anne

Comment

I feel exactly the same as you - I love the idea of an on site pool.

Shall we meet up at Moor Farm, Matlock and give their pool a try?

Or.....just remembered another I found another, a bit further away, and perhaps a little more 'precious' at Church Farm, Bradford upon Avon
                Mary

Comment

Callow top has an outdoor pool if it's of any help to you, never been though.
                  Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Sadly they don't have the pool at Moor Edge Farm any more I tried there too.

Church Farm looks FABULOUS! We could be like Barbara and Mary 'Esther Williams'

Callow Top looks good too, Glen. Did you know about that one Mary?

BA
                    Last edited by Ewig; 15-05-2011, 23:17.

Comment

Sadly they don't have the pool at Moor Edge Farm any more I tried there too.

Church Farm looks FABULOUS! We could be like Barbara and Mary 'Esther Williams'

Callow Top looks good too, Glen. Did you know about that one Mary?

BA
                      No I didnt know about Callow Top - off to Google.........

re 'Barbara & Mary 'Esther Williams' - can you guarantee a 'Johnny Weissmuller' too?
                      Last edited by Vanderella; 15-05-2011, 23:30.
                      Mary

Comment

One John is enough for any woman, Mary! :littledevil:

BA

Comment

One John is enough for any woman, Mary! :littledevil:

BA
                          True!

Callow Top looks a bit expensive.

Church Farm gets our vote - will discuss at Moreton (bring diaries) :so happy:
                          Last edited by Vanderella; 15-05-2011, 23:42.
                          Mary

Comment

Was exploring my way across the south coast of France a couple of years ago when I turned into Cap d'Agde.

A naturist village!

Truly an eye opener.

Comment

There used to be an unofficial naturist beach/site between Shell Island and Barmouth. Years ago when the kids were little we used to walk from Tal y Bont to Shell Island and walking through the naturist bit of the beach on the way. We always felt a bit overdressed on that part of the beach!

The funniest thing was when an elderly couple came strolling along the beach and stopped for a chat. None of us knew where to look as they were both naked!

Comment