C & C C - Veteran Membership

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C & C C - Veteran Membership

Someone recently mentioned that folk who had been members of C&CC for more than 25 years could get cheaper membership.

I received my 25 year membership badge a few months ago, so eagerly awaited my membership renewal. Today it has arrived and there is no discount.

It seems I am still not eligible, even though my new card says 27 years, because - having checked the website: "The main member (first named) should be 65 years of age and have completed 25 years continuous membership of the Club. For an application form, please telephone the Membership Department."

I bet they'll put it up soon to 66 in line with the state pension age. Ever moving goalposts. Will I ever get it?

Probably not, their investments will take a hit after Brexit and no doubt they will "be forced" to jack up the fee.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Typical!

I only joined around 10 years ago, so I'll be ummmm 75 or so before I reach the 25 year mark!!

Comment

Reading this has just reminded me I haven't renewed my membership which ran out in March ups! Think that will mean my 11yrs membership will be broken now. That will mean the end of me getting to 25yrs.

Comment

I had a break for a couple of years so I lost 10 years of membership. I've got 20 years now.
          Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

The trouble is the C&CC don't publicise details of veteran membership, the scheme seems to be accessible only by word of mouth of members! Therefore members don't worry if they let their membership lapse, but if they do, of course then they've lost 'continuous membership' status; one of the criteria required for the reduction in fees available with veteran membership. I've been paying my membership fees by direct debit for as long as I can remember so luckily I qualified for my veteran status, though only found out about it after reading a letter in the C&CC magazine on the subject.
            Cynthia.

Comment

I only knew about it thanks to you, I think, Cynthia? It is quite hard to find it mentioned on the website!

Comment

Caz I wonder whether the C&CC deliberately don't publish any details about the veteran membership scheme in order to save themselves some money! There are already quite a few criteria to satisfy before you can claim it, as has been attested by folk on this forum! I wonder how long it will be before they discontinue it altogether?
                Cynthia

Comment

I think you could be right!

Comment