Owners Clubs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Owners Clubs

Having recently changed units (again ) this time to one of foreign manufacture and unfamiliar to me, I started thinking about the possibility of there being an Owners Club I could join. It also got me wondering how many of our members take the trouble to join an owners club appropriate to their unit, or even how industrious they are in finding manuals. In my recently acquired Fleurette the only manual that came with the 'van is the Thetford loo one, and one that's been added later, about the radio someone has fitted.

I know there are some quite big gatherings amongst the Elddis and Bailey Clubs but I wondered whether anyone attends any others? If you do, how useful are they in terms of being able to source spares, get ideas for modifications etc. Comments welcome!
    Cynthia

There's a Kip Owners club, but it's in the Netherlands!

I believe there's a Go-Pod owners club though, I'm sure BuzzandDave attended a meet last year and swapped ideas n stuff.

No-one ever leaves the manuals in caravans! It would be nice if they did... I've only ever seen manuals in brand new caravans for sale. It's possible to find a manual to download and print out yourself if you can google it. I did that with my Kip, it's in Dutch, but it has diagrams for things, and really, the only thing I wanted to know about was tyre pressures and I managed to decypher that bit!

Comment

I have previously been in both the Conway and Pennine Owners clubs. They were both once very active but have since dwindled. To be expected i suppose as traditional Conway models have been out of production since 2005 and the Pennine produced models are now built in much smaller numbers and at a much greater prices than they used to be so the turn over of new members for the clubs is greatly reduced. They also steadfastly refused to merge together which i don't think helped them.
      Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Hi Cynth! I am a member of the Romaclub, but to be honest I probably won't renew my membership when it comes up this year as I can't see the point of it. I can never get to any rallies here, let alone elsewhere and we have access to Ant, very kindly, whenever we need information regarding our units, on this forum.

I too used to be a member of the Conway Owners Club and even did a stint at the NEC for them a few years ago, but even though I still own my Excel, I haven't renewed my membership, again for similar reasons as above.

However, if you have time and enthusiasm, certainly an initial membership of an owners club can be very useful for information and advice and to see other similar units in the flesh.

Panda.

These broken wings are gonna leave me here to stand my ground........

Comment

We joined the Roma club when we first bought the van, and attended an AGM and rally the following year, but let it lapse after a couple of years.

A certain Mr. Stockley, plus a handful of other people (coincidentally mostly also resident on this forum!), made us welcome, but the general ambience didn't really seem to encourage newcomers.

Perhaps it was us!

Geoff

Comment

I joined the Autosleepers Owners' Club when I got my first Frisky, back in 2003. I got more info from ringing Autosleeper themselves than I could from the Club, and when I traded it in for an Elddis motorhome 6 months later I was kicked out and no refund. I haven't bothered again. There is now a free Autosleepers Owners' Forum and a Facebook group, both of which I joined when I got Teefer Trooper.

I joined the Conway Owners' Club when I had a Cardinal. I went on one rally and they were very friendly and helpful - but I hated it and changed to a caravan instead a few months later so I didn't renew it, although they did have members who still went on the rallies in units other than Conway.

A couple of my friend's had Combi Camps at one time and they started a free forum for owners as there wasn't an owners' club, and connected with the importer. I had a couple of CCs and we had quite a few meets, but as we all drifted away to campervans and Facebook the forum wasn't being used so it was closed.

My van Teefer came with piles of instruction books fort everything except the radio, so I downloaded the manual for that - it was huge, and even just printing off the English version part of it took about 30 sheets of paper. Still, it's there now for the next owner. I only needed to know how to reset the time for BST!

Comment

Originally posted by Caz View Post
              I

My van Teefer came with piles of instruction books fort everything except the radio, so I downloaded the manual for that - it was huge, and even just printing off the English version part of it took about 30 sheets of paper. Still, it's there now for the next owner. I only needed to know how to reset the time for BST!
              If you only need one or two pages of a manual, you can just print those one or two, you don't have to print the lot. Also depending what printer you have, you might be able to print both sides of each sheet.
              Also if you see the manual on screen in Double Dutch - er no, just single Dutch - you can babelfish translate it into a variation of English, and then print it.
              suivez l'aventure

Comment

Some interesting stuff here folks, thank you. Rob Rob B I remember you posting that your parents had a Fleurette at one time, I wondered whether they had found an owners club or Forum? I did look online and only found a link to UK Campsites forum, where several members had posted to the effect that 'wouldn't it be good if there was a Fleurette Owners Club' but no one seemed to be doing anything about starting one up!

Artoo0 I don't think it would be you.... certain other caravanning clubs I have belonged to have not always been very welcoming to new members. The exception to that was the C&CC Special Interest group, the Trailer Tent and Folding Camper Group. I attended one of their DS meets once, when still a Gobur owner and they couldn't have been more kind or welcoming if they'd tried. Bless.

Pandabloke Hello lovely boy, and thanks, see my reply to Rob's post! I don't think there's a Fleurette Club for me to join at the moment but there may be one lurking in uncategorised depths of the internet! For example, don't you have to pay to warrant a Google search result? There may be other ways of finding a Fleurette club, even eef I 'ave to learn to speak French to access eet. Sacre bleu!
                Cynthia.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberCynth View Post
                  Some interesting stuff here folks, thank you. Rob Rob B I remember you posting that your parents had a Fleurette at one time, I wondered whether they had found an owners club or Forum? I did look online and only found a link to UK Campsites forum, where several members had posted to the effect that 'wouldn't it be good if there was a Fleurette Owners Club' but no one seemed to be doing anything about starting one up!
                  Apparently my parents van was an Esterell not a Fleurette, so apologies I told you an accidental fib there. Not that it makes much difference as I don’t believe they were ever in an owners club anyway.

There is however, the folding caravan club that welcomes Fleurette owners according to its website - http://thefoldingcaravanclub.co.uk/

Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

gopods meet at least 3 x a year for a gopod rally
                    BuzznDave

Comment

Thanks for the link Rob Rob B, will have a more thorough read tomorrow. The information seemed a little sparse from what I could see initially. However it'll be good if they have meets. I joined the Gobur Owners' Club at one time but didn't renew the following year; for one thing they were only fair-weather caravanners which is no good to someone who likes to be out and about all year round!
                      Cynthia

Comment

Originally posted by CyberCynth View Post
                        Thanks for the link Rob Rob B, will have a more thorough read tomorrow. The information seemed a little sparse from what I could see initially. However it'll be good if they have meets. I joined the Gobur Owners' Club at one time but didn't renew the following year; for one thing they were only fair-weather caravanners which is no good to someone who likes to be out and about all year round!
                        Cynthia
                        Hi Cynthia. Tell me more about this van change! You may have noticed that I've been away for a wee while, so I'm out of touch.

Comment

Hi Emmerson, hopefully you'll get to see the little Fleurette whilst I'm out and about. I'm hoping to find an 'Adults Only' * CS for a break next month, it would be good to meet up with you and Anne again.

* Not that I dislike children, I love 'em, but I don't think I could eat a whole one...

Cynthia.

Comment

Originally posted by emmerson View Post

Hi Cynthia. Tell me more about this van change! You may have noticed that I've been away for a wee while, so I'm out of touch.
                            Hi Emerson, fancy meting you on this forum! I really enjoyed the company of yourself, Ann and Lucy last weekend and loo forward to meeting again on either or both forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Kate Norman View Post

Hi Emerson, fancy meting you on this forum! I really enjoyed the company of yourself, Ann and Lucy last weekend and loo forward to meeting again on either or both forums.
                              Kate, you'd be surprised where I get to when Anne's not watching!
                              The weekend pleasure was mutual, I assure you, but I thought you introduced yourself as Kath, which is my excuse for not realising it was you!

Comment